lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

How can I increase the amount of time xp waits before logging me out for
inactivity?
-Lew

Right click the Desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver and adjust the timeout there.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message news:%231YgdggYFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How can I increase the amount of time xp waits before logging me out for
> inactivity?
> -Lew

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Change settings in security policy. I don't remember the item name but I'm
sure you'll find it in the list.

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:

> Right click the Desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver and adjust the timeout there.

I'm looking at Security Settings->Local Policies->Security
Options->Amount of idle time required....

does that ring a bell?

-Lew

That doesn't apply to stand alone computers.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/gp/563.asp