hopefully simple question about use of AIW 9600

I just purchased an AIW 9600 and have it setup with my monitor as the
primary display, and my TV connected to the secondary display using
svideo. In my display properties, the option 'extend my desktop onto
this display' is enabled for the secondary (TV) display.

My question is how do I get the ATI TV program to display on the TV,
not my monitor?

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about hopefully simple question 9600

    On 11 Jan 2005 18:34:22 -0800 Wayne said :

    >I just purchased an AIW 9600 and have it setup with my monitor as the
    >primary display, and my TV connected to the secondary display using
    >svideo. In my display properties, the option 'extend my desktop onto
    >this display' is enabled for the secondary (TV) display.
    >
    >My question is how do I get the ATI TV program to display on the TV,
    >not my monitor?
    >
    >TIA

    I think I will monitor replies to this one.

    I am using MMC 8.8.

    You might want to mention the version in case some one can help
    wonders....

    Geneve

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    I'm running the catalyst driver version 4.12 and MMC version 9.03.

    I've tried setting up the displays to mirror, but when I run the ATI
    TV, it states that the 'easyview' will not work correctly, and that
    both displays need to be set to 'primary', but I can't figure out how
    to do this.

    Help! This should be simple!

    On 12 Jan 2005 05:04:06 -0800 Wayne said :

    >I'm running the catalyst driver version 4.12 and MMC version 9.03.
    >
    >I've tried setting up the displays to mirror, but when I run the ATI
    >TV, it states that the 'easyview' will not work correctly, and that
    >both displays need to be set to 'primary', but I can't figure out how
    >to do this.
    >
    >Help! This should be simple!

    I looked around in the launch pad. I could not locate the catalyst
    anyplace.

    I then went in to the display propertise and I can not locate it
    in any of those sub menus'

    Beats me what I am running.

    I also did see under W2k that it says I am not running some kind
    of capture drivers but that pc is busy right now so I can retrieve
    the precise data on the screen I was reading.

    Some kind of WDxxxx driver...... big help conversation wise huh... ugh

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    OK, I did some playing around. I'm not at my home computer right now,
    so I can't give specifics, but this is what I found: I had to go into
    the catalyst control panel, run the display setup wizard and tell it to
    mirror the 2 displays (this is not possible from the normal display
    properties on the desktop). Now, if you attempt to run ATI TV, you get
    the warning that 'easyview' will not work properly on the secondary
    (TV) display, and it tells you that they have to both be set to
    primary. So, I went back to the catalyst control panel, and made both
    primary by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on the indicator on
    both displays to make them both primary. As soon as I did that, my
    primary display (a 19" CRT) looked squashed and I could tell it had
    changed refresh rates to 60Hz. I then ran ATI TV again, and I can get
    television on both displays and it works fine, and the TV display
    (secondary) looks great, but my primary stinks. I can't find a way to
    change this, and it may be that it has to work like this. Does anyone
    know? If I go back into catalyst and change my primary display
    properties, I lose the ATI TV ability on the secondary.

Radeon TV ATI Monitors Graphics Displays