PCI Express guys: Anyone try the new(?) ATI Fire cards?

Hi,

I have a buddy who works in a brokerage firm who just upgraded some
broker's PC's to a PCI-Express PC (Dell?). The brokers absolutely
have to have a dual monitor configuration. He wants to use the PCI
Express slot.

Will these ATI Fire cards handle pretty extreme (but not gaming
quality) graphics with two monitors (flat screens)?

Thanks,

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
4 answers Last reply
More about express guys fire cards

    Works fine (in a Dell Precision 470), but would much prefer a Nvidia
    (QuadroFX1300) for MCAD applications.

    "pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a buddy who works in a brokerage firm who just upgraded some
    > broker's PC's to a PCI-Express PC (Dell?). The brokers absolutely
    > have to have a dual monitor configuration. He wants to use the PCI
    > Express slot.
    >
    > Will these ATI Fire cards handle pretty extreme (but not gaming
    > quality) graphics with two monitors (flat screens)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > -pw
    > remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
    > (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

    >Works fine (in a Dell Precision 470), but would much prefer a Nvidia
    >(QuadroFX1300) for MCAD applications.

    Thanks Luc. What is a MCAD application?

    > >Works fine (in a Dell Precision 470), but would much prefer a Nvidia
    > >(QuadroFX1300) for MCAD applications.
    > >

    > Thanks Luc. What is a MCAD application?

    Mechanical Computer Aided Design (Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, Solidwork,
    Solid Edge, ProE)

    as opposed to ECAD (Electronic Computer Aided Design)

    >"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> >Works fine (in a Dell Precision 470), but would much prefer a Nvidia
    >> >(QuadroFX1300) for MCAD applications.
    >> >

    >> Thanks Luc. What is a MCAD application?
    >>
    >Mechanical Computer Aided Design (Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, Solidwork,
    >Solid Edge, ProE)
    >
    >as opposed to ECAD (Electronic Computer Aided Design)

    don't know that I understand the difference, but sounds impressive and
    that the card should work!

    Thanks so much.

    -pw
    remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
    (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

Radeon ATI PCI Express Graphics