STEAM working again

Last response: in Video Games
January 30, 2005 9:00:37 AM

Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam forums refer to
some problem that is now fixed, but don't get any more specific than
that.

Helps to have this community out there to verify that "it's not just
me".

Gil

More about : steam working

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:48:13 PM

"Gil" <gilbertviolette@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam forums refer to
> some problem that is now fixed, but don't get any more specific than
> that.
>
> Helps to have this community out there to verify that "it's not just
> me".
>
> Gil

Gil, My account was DOA for the problem. Makes me wonder though... I didn't
get an option to play it off-line, so therefore I could not access the
program at all.

What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account servers left... What we
all gonna do? Anyone?
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 2:51:06 PM

If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.
January 30, 2005 5:49:14 PM

Cannon Fodder wrote:

> The same as we always do, we'll grab our pitch-forks, hoes, torches,
> shovels and head up to the old windmill on the hill...
LOL Cannon, you are funny man.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 6:03:13 PM

"G-Dawg" <gwillett@nospame-cybercomm.com> wrote in

> "Gil" <gilbertviolette@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> .
>> Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam
>> forums refer to some problem that is now fixed, but don't
>> get any more specific than that.
>>
>> Helps to have this community out there to verify that
>> "it's not just me".
>>
>> Gil
>>

> Gil, My account was DOA for the problem. Makes me wonder
> though... I didn't get an option to play it off-line, so
> therefore I could not access the program at all.
>
> What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account
> servers left... What we all gonna do? Anyone?

Get the cracked version, or worry about playing whatever the
best game out at the time is?
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 6:13:11 PM

The same as we always do, we'll grab our pitch-forks, hoes, torches,
shovels and head up to the old windmill on the hill...

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:48:13 -0500, "G-Dawg"
<gwillett@nospame-cybercomm.com> wrote:

>What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account servers left... What we
>all gonna do? Anyone?

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 12:01:05 AM

"Gil" wrote

> If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
> actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.

Come on guys

Wtf
Do you think Valve is some kind of ├╝bermeisster in advanced programming?
Get out of here

One who follows the discussion in the VERC developer forums will know that
the Steam content file system is wide open in the SDK
A very professional modteam has developed a better more efficient content -
and server system and as such they can play their MP mod without Steam on
non Steam servers

This give some legal problems for the modteam - obviously
They will have to add code in order to check that is Steam running and the
users Steamticket is valid - well that's another story

But the bottomline here is that if Valve goes under it'll be a matter of
weeks before nonSteam versions is flooding the internet

Hell - you have already a cracked pseudo Steam engine floating around for
the SP version

- Peter
January 31, 2005 12:01:06 AM

Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
> "Gil" wrote
>

>>If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
>>actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.
>>

> Come on guys
>
> Wtf
> Do you think Valve is some kind of ├╝bermeisster in advanced programming?
> Get out of here
>
> One who follows the discussion in the VERC developer forums will know that
> the Steam content file system is wide open in the SDK
> A very professional modteam has developed a better more efficient content -
> and server system and as such they can play their MP mod without Steam on
> non Steam servers
>
> This give some legal problems for the modteam - obviously
> They will have to add code in order to check that is Steam running and the
> users Steamticket is valid - well that's another story
>
> But the bottomline here is that if Valve goes under it'll be a matter of
> weeks before nonSteam versions is flooding the internet
>
> Hell - you have already a cracked pseudo Steam engine floating around for
> the SP version
>
> - Peter

All true Peter but I think Gil was just saying 'look on the bright
side'. Looking at his other posts tonight he's just fed up of the
whining same as us. .... I think?

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 12:16:20 AM

"Shawk" wrote

> All true Peter but I think Gil was just saying 'look on the bright side'.
> Looking at his other posts tonight he's just fed up of the whining same as
> us. .... I think?

Hmm well ok then
Sorry for the rant -

Trust me
It was _not_ pointed towards any specific persons in this goddamn newsfroup
:-)

- Peter
January 31, 2005 3:19:45 PM

Don't forget the crowbar.