STEAM working again

Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam forums refer to
some problem that is now fixed, but don't get any more specific than
that.

Helps to have this community out there to verify that "it's not just
me".

Gil
9 answers Last reply
More about steam working again

    "Gil" <gilbertviolette@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam forums refer to
    > some problem that is now fixed, but don't get any more specific than
    > that.
    >
    > Helps to have this community out there to verify that "it's not just
    > me".
    >
    > Gil

    Gil, My account was DOA for the problem. Makes me wonder though... I didn't
    get an option to play it off-line, so therefore I could not access the
    program at all.

    What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account servers left... What we
    all gonna do? Anyone?

    If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
    actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:

    > The same as we always do, we'll grab our pitch-forks, hoes, torches,
    > shovels and head up to the old windmill on the hill...
    LOL Cannon, you are funny man.

    "G-Dawg" <gwillett@nospame-cybercomm.com> wrote in

    > "Gil" <gilbertviolette@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > .
    >> Works for me today, didn't work at ALL yesterday. Steam
    >> forums refer to some problem that is now fixed, but don't
    >> get any more specific than that.
    >>
    >> Helps to have this community out there to verify that
    >> "it's not just me".
    >>
    >> Gil
    >>

    > Gil, My account was DOA for the problem. Makes me wonder
    > though... I didn't get an option to play it off-line, so
    > therefore I could not access the program at all.
    >
    > What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account
    > servers left... What we all gonna do? Anyone?

    Get the cracked version, or worry about playing whatever the
    best game out at the time is?

    The same as we always do, we'll grab our pitch-forks, hoes, torches,
    shovels and head up to the old windmill on the hill...

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:48:13 -0500, "G-Dawg"
    <gwillett@nospame-cybercomm.com> wrote:

    >What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account servers left... What we
    >all gonna do? Anyone?

    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
    the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

    "Gil" wrote

    > If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
    > actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.

    Come on guys

    Wtf
    Do you think Valve is some kind of übermeisster in advanced programming?
    Get out of here

    One who follows the discussion in the VERC developer forums will know that
    the Steam content file system is wide open in the SDK
    A very professional modteam has developed a better more efficient content -
    and server system and as such they can play their MP mod without Steam on
    non Steam servers

    This give some legal problems for the modteam - obviously
    They will have to add code in order to check that is Steam running and the
    users Steamticket is valid - well that's another story

    But the bottomline here is that if Valve goes under it'll be a matter of
    weeks before nonSteam versions is flooding the internet

    Hell - you have already a cracked pseudo Steam engine floating around for
    the SP version

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > "Gil" wrote
    >

    >>If that happened, at least we would be some of the lucky ones who
    >>actually played the game. Live for the moment, people.
    >>

    > Come on guys
    >
    > Wtf
    > Do you think Valve is some kind of übermeisster in advanced programming?
    > Get out of here
    >
    > One who follows the discussion in the VERC developer forums will know that
    > the Steam content file system is wide open in the SDK
    > A very professional modteam has developed a better more efficient content -
    > and server system and as such they can play their MP mod without Steam on
    > non Steam servers
    >
    > This give some legal problems for the modteam - obviously
    > They will have to add code in order to check that is Steam running and the
    > users Steamticket is valid - well that's another story
    >
    > But the bottomline here is that if Valve goes under it'll be a matter of
    > weeks before nonSteam versions is flooding the internet
    >
    > Hell - you have already a cracked pseudo Steam engine floating around for
    > the SP version
    >
    > - Peter

    All true Peter but I think Gil was just saying 'look on the bright
    side'. Looking at his other posts tonight he's just fed up of the
    whining same as us. .... I think?

    --
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity."

    Martin Luther King, Jr.

    "Shawk" wrote

    > All true Peter but I think Gil was just saying 'look on the bright side'.
    > Looking at his other posts tonight he's just fed up of the whining same as
    > us. .... I think?

    Hmm well ok then
    Sorry for the rant -

    Trust me
    It was _not_ pointed towards any specific persons in this goddamn newsfroup
    :-)

    - Peter

    Don't forget the crowbar.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:

    > The same as we always do, we'll grab our pitch-forks, hoes, torches,
    > shovels and head up to the old windmill on the hill...
    >
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:48:13 -0500, "G-Dawg"
    > <gwillett@nospame-cybercomm.com> wrote:
    >

    > >What is Steam went tits-up and there were no account servers left... What we
    > >all gonna do? Anyone?
    > >

    > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    > the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    > and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    > sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
    > the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
    > thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
    > WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
    >
    > I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

Games Steam Video Games