Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Printer Driver
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Printers
Last response: in Windows 7
December 9, 2010 11:05:23 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a driver that will run my Minolta 2300W printer on Windows 7 64 bit from XP 32 bit.

More about : minolta 2300w printer driver win bit

a b \ Driver
a c 265 $ Windows 7
December 10, 2010 12:11:02 AM

There appear to be no compatible 64-bit drivers for that printer. Does the Windows Action Center give you any clues about using the printer in a compatible/emulated mode? For example, many older printer were compatible with older HP Laserjet printers. You might be able to force your system to see the printer as some other compatible printer.

Others have asked this very question on Tom's and I don't see a good answer anywhere. Sorry. Good luck!
m
l
December 12, 2010 11:32:35 AM

COLGeek said:
There appear to be no compatible 64-bit drivers for that printer. Does the Windows Action Center give you any clues about using the printer in a compatible/emulated mode? For example, many older printer were compatible with older HP Laserjet printers. You might be able to force your system to see the printer as some other compatible printer.

Others have asked this very question on Tom's and I don't see a good answer anywhere. Sorry. Good luck!

I purchased the upgrade to Windows Professional and it allows a XP mode. It does install the printer but only if you use it in the XP window. The stuff in Windows 7 does not see the printer. You have to install the apps in the XP mode to use the printer. It is not nice and I wasted my money for the upgrade.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 265 $ Windows 7
December 12, 2010 2:15:21 PM

Windows 7 is what it is and it is probably the best OS that MS has ever released. However, as you are experiencing, it does not support a lot of old hardware, such as your printer (I think that Minolta stopped developing/supporting drivers with 32-bit Vista).

It really isn't MS's (and believe me, I pound them more than most) fault that Minolta doesn't release drivers for old platforms. That is a Minolta decision ($$$).

At least you can use in a limited fashion. Good luck!
m
l
December 19, 2010 8:40:15 AM

Thanks, I bought a new HP CP2025DN. The Minolta is for sale and I hope I can get a % of what the cartridges in it are worth. Thanks for your responses.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 265 $ Windows 7
December 19, 2010 3:47:48 PM

jacobm16 said:
Thanks, I bought a new HP CP2025DN. The Minolta is for sale and I hope I can get a % of what the cartridges in it are worth. Thanks for your responses.

Good luck! Happy holidays!!
m
l
!