Smartcard and a log off problem

Hello forum,

I am using smartcard with a certificate to log on to my XP sp2 workstation
and everything is OK.

Before i leave the office i plug out the smartcard from the workstation (the
station is not locked due to smartcard removal) , then i press CTRL + ALT +
DEL to log off and nothing happened.

When i log on to the workstation using username and password no matter if
the smartcard is or is not plugged in, log off is working fine.

Any suggestions?

Kindly regards,

Yossi Mor

What happens when you press "CTRL + ALT + DEL"? Do you see the "Windows
Security" screen?

--
Eduard Koller[MS]

"Yossi Mor" <YossiMor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello forum,
>
> I am using smartcard with a certificate to log on to my XP sp2 workstation
> and everything is OK.
>
> Before i leave the office i plug out the smartcard from the workstation
> (the
> station is not locked due to smartcard removal) , then i press CTRL + ALT
> +
> DEL to log off and nothing happened.
>
> When i log on to the workstation using username and password no matter if
> the smartcard is or is not plugged in, log off is working fine.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Kindly regards,
>
> Yossi Mor

Hello Eduard,

Nothing happens.

Is this related to the domain policy (security setting on the local
computer) ?

Regards,

Yossi