Multiple screens, multiple accounts and desktop icons

I am running XP Pro. I have set up two user accounts: One for myself, and
one for my girlfriend. I have a Radeon-based video card with VGA, DVI and TV
outlets. A monitor is hooked to the VGA and a TV is hooked to the TV-out.

Depending on what the computer is used for, I mainly switch between three
different setups: 1) Monitor as primary display, TV as clone. 2) TV as
primary display, monitor as clone. 3) Monitor as primary display, with
desktop extended to the TV.

Changing between these setups are usually done from my user account. On both
accounts the desktop icons are set up to be sorted automatically by name. My
icons stay in place, but my girlfriend has complained that her desktop icons
keep moving all over the place. Sometimes they are neatly lined along the
left edge of the screen, other times they are jumbled all over the screen,
and today she could not even find her icons: It turned out they were all
placed on the TV!

I do not know if it is related, but I have also noted one other thing: When
I set the TV to be used as a secondary display, I cannot set it to
resolutions below 800x600 (any way to override this, BTW?). But when I
shutdown and reboot, the TV display suddenly has a resolution of 640x480.

Does anybody know what I should do to keep my girls icons in place?

time to get ultramon

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

you need it and will love it.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!