restricting workers from viewing one particular website

i want to stop my workers viewing only one website in particular, as
all my workers have started visiting it....

is there software for this, someone mentioned mapping an IP from admin
to client.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-restricting-workers-viewing-website-ftopict376995.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227266

http://www.usenet.com
2 answers Last reply
More about restricting workers viewing website

    Tomson wrote:
    > i want to stop my workers viewing only one website in particular, as
    > all my workers have started visiting it....
    >
    > is there software for this, someone mentioned mapping an IP from admin
    > to client.

    Use your network's proxy server to block access to the site in question.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Locate the HOSTS file in

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

    Open it with Notepad.

    Add a line similar to this:

    127.0.0.1 acme.com

    Replacing acme.com with the actual web site you want to restrict. Examples: google.com, mycandybar.com, etc..........
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Tomson" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1227266_74d17a05f79e3b9f94a4daf9779ecd34@windowsforumz.com...
    >i want to stop my workers viewing only one website in particular, as
    > all my workers have started visiting it....
    >
    > is there software for this, someone mentioned mapping an IP from admin
    > to client.

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-restricting-workers-viewing-website-ftopict376995.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227266

    > http://www.usenet.com