restricting workers from viewing one particular website

i want to stop my workers viewing only one website in particular, as
all my workers have started visiting it....

is there software for this, someone mentioned mapping an IP from admin
to client.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-restricting-workers-viewing-website-ftopict376995.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227266

http://www.usenet.com

Tomson wrote:
> i want to stop my workers viewing only one website in particular, as
> all my workers have started visiting it....
>
> is there software for this, someone mentioned mapping an IP from admin
> to client.

Use your network's proxy server to block access to the site in question.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Locate the HOSTS file in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Open it with Notepad.

Add a line similar to this:

127.0.0.1 acme.com

Replacing acme.com with the actual web site you want to restrict. Examples: google.com, mycandybar.com, etc..........
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.