Software Restriction with Windows XP Pro

I have administrative permission from the network to access all the software
on my PC, but for some reason I cannot open Windows Movie Maker. There is a
software restriction not allowing me access to this program.

How do I remove the software restriction? Any ideas? (Our network
administrator is new and doesn't know)
--
Thanks in advance,

Ginoman
1 answer Last reply
More about software restriction windows

    Description of the Software Restriction Policies in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310791

    "Software Restriction Policy Does Not Allow You to Start This Program" Error
    Message Even Though the Program Is Defined As "Allowed"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815471

    Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against Unauthorized Software
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rstrplcy.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:79B4A60C-406C-48D7-BCDB-67F2E44CF39F@microsoft.com,
    Ginoman <Ginoman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have administrative permission from the network to access all the
    > software on my PC, but for some reason I cannot open Windows Movie Maker.
    > There is a software restriction not allowing me access to this program.
    >
    > How do I remove the software restriction? Any ideas? (Our network
    > administrator is new and doesn't know)
    > --
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Ginoman

Security Software Windows Movie Maker Microsoft Windows XP