Fuji xD card and card readers

I have a Fuji s7000 with Fuji xD card, a laptop and a desktop PC.

To read the Fuji card into the laptop I use a Fuji FinePix PCMCIA card - no
problem.

Today I bought a Dazzle xD/SmartMedia reader for my desktop, expecting it to
let me read my Fuji xD card in the same way - but it didn't work!

I went back to the shop, where it turns out none of their three xD readers
will read my Fuji xD card (But they're all Dazzle products packaged
differently, so maybe they're all the same really.) They will, however read
SmartMedia cards, and my xD card works perfectly in my laptop and my camera.

Can anyone explain? My suspicion is there's something non-standard about
Fuji xD cards - but that seems too ridiculous for words.

Colin Saxelby
1 answer Last reply
More about fuji card card readers

    not all card readers can read cards bigger than 128mb without a firmware
    upgrade (i had to do my lexar one before it would read my 256mb xD card)

    what is the capacity of your xD card?

    get the olympus MAUSB100 - works as a reader/writer - is very small and
    doubles an a flash keyring disc

    have a look on this link:

    http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/digimg/intro.cfm?id=MAUSB%2D100

    regards

    Rich

    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    "Colin Saxelby" <colin.saxelby@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a Fuji s7000 with Fuji xD card, a laptop and a desktop PC.
    >
    > To read the Fuji card into the laptop I use a Fuji FinePix PCMCIA card -
    no
    > problem.
    >
    > Today I bought a Dazzle xD/SmartMedia reader for my desktop, expecting it
    > let me read my Fuji xD card in the same way - but it didn't work!
    >
    > I went back to the shop, where it turns out none of their three xD readers
    > will read my Fuji xD card (But they're all Dazzle products packaged
    > differently, so maybe they're all the same really.) They will, however
    read
    > SmartMedia cards, and my xD card works perfectly in my laptop and my
    camera.

    > Can anyone explain? My suspicion is there's something non-standard about
    > Fuji xD cards - but that seems too ridiculous for words.
    >

    > Colin Saxelby

Cameras Laptops Desktops Peripherals