Fuji xD card and card readers

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2004 1:03:35 AM

I have a Fuji s7000 with Fuji xD card, a laptop and a desktop PC.

To read the Fuji card into the laptop I use a Fuji FinePix PCMCIA card - no
problem.

Today I bought a Dazzle xD/SmartMedia reader for my desktop, expecting it to
let me read my Fuji xD card in the same way - but it didn't work!

I went back to the shop, where it turns out none of their three xD readers
will read my Fuji xD card (But they're all Dazzle products packaged
differently, so maybe they're all the same really.) They will, however read
SmartMedia cards, and my xD card works perfectly in my laptop and my camera.

Can anyone explain? My suspicion is there's something non-standard about
Fuji xD cards - but that seems too ridiculous for words.

Colin Saxelby

More about : fuji card card readers

April 25, 2004 5:37:19 PM

not all card readers can read cards bigger than 128mb without a firmware
upgrade (i had to do my lexar one before it would read my 256mb xD card)

what is the capacity of your xD card?

get the olympus MAUSB100 - works as a reader/writer - is very small and
doubles an a flash keyring disc

have a look on this link:

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/digimg/intro.cfm?id=M...

regards