Lost DVI output.

Mike

Splendid

I upgraded from older catalyst drivers to 4.12 and now my dvi
conection to my LG DLP doesn't work. I can use the analog RGB
connection but it looked better going thru the dvi. If I go back to
4.07 my dvi works again but any version after that it stops working
and I'm unable to select FPD from the display tab. My system is Xp
with SP2 and the card is 9800 Pro. Any ideas on how to get it to work
again?

thanks,
Mike

ME

It's a shot, but go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center. There is a
setting in ATI Catalyst Control Center "Alternate DVI operational mode"
that was checked by default (so I guess that means it was using some
alternate mode as default!). That was cuasing problems with my board,
albeit a different ATI board. I unchecked it, and it worked like a
champ.

Mike

Splendid

On 13 Jan 2005 06:47:34 -0800, "me" <donawalt@gmail.com> wrote:

>It's a shot, but go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center. There is a
>setting in ATI Catalyst Control Center "Alternate DVI operational mode"
>that was checked by default (so I guess that means it was using some
>alternate mode as default!). That was cuasing problems with my board,
>albeit a different ATI board. I unchecked it, and it worked like a
>champ.

I had already tried that. I think starting with version 4.8 ATI
changed the way they auto-detect your connections to your card. I read
in the "what's new" section for their driver that was mentioned. Like
I said Unfortunately I dont see a way to override this. It looks like
I may be stuck with version 4.7 :-( Thanks anyway.

Mike