Looking for comparison charts

I currently have a motherboard with built in Intel® 82845G Graphics
Controller, 1GB shared RAM and no AGP slot, only PCI slots. I would like to
know what, if any, the performance boost of a Radeon 9200. 9200SE or 9250
would be over my Intel Graphics? I was actually looking at the PowerColor
ATI Radeon 9200 or 9250 with 256MB DDR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert....

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Robert Jacobs" <rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I currently have a motherboard with built in Intel® 82845G Graphics
>Controller, 1GB shared RAM and no AGP slot, only PCI slots. I would like to
>know what, if any, the performance boost of a Radeon 9200. 9200SE or 9250
>would be over my Intel Graphics? I was actually looking at the PowerColor
>ATI Radeon 9200 or 9250 with 256MB DDR.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Robert....
an onboard graphics chip like that is good for 2d desktop apps
only and a complete non-starter for games especially 3d games.
sites like Toms Hardware that do comparison articles of graphics card wont
even mention an intel onboard chip because its ... well
.... silly - quite honestly.
you dont mention what CPU you have but say you have a 2ghz
cpu and 1gig RAM - a 9200 (dont touch a SE version) will run
Quake 3 engine based games like Call of Duty okay and newer stuff like HL2
reasonably at low resolution.
I would also expect the image quality of the Radeon to be better
mainly because onboard chips generally dont do high refresh rates at high
resolutions.

Thanks, I have no problems playing most games. I have a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
with 1GB RAM. I dont play The new highend games, except for like Sim2 and
Americas Army. I wanted to get a bit more video power so I could play Unreal
2004. Its a bit jittery on low graphics mode. I guess its a good idea to
upgrade. I was just hoping to see something in how much more ill get out of
a new card.

Thanks again.....