No Sound From TV Capture Card

Hello, Installed ATI 128 Pro PCI Card with TV Tuner cannot get sound from
TV to come thru comp ..Have sound from comp & cd player. any help. Later

"surffer" <mjr115@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hello, Installed ATI 128 Pro PCI Card with TV Tuner cannot get sound from
> TV to come thru comp ..Have sound from comp & cd player. any help. Later

I own a Hauppage WinTV card but I'm almost sure the advise I'm about to
give you should apply to your card. According to my manual under
"Troubleshooting Audio Problems": If you can not hear audio when the WinTV
application is running, check the following:
-Click on the WinTV applications' audio configuration button AUD and make
sure the audio mixer is set to Wave.
-Open the volume control menu(double click on the small speaker icon on the
lower right hand corner of your pc screen). Make sure wave is not muted and
the level is about half way up.
-If you do not see a wave listed in the volume control menu click on
options>properties in this menu and under "show the following volume
controls" put a check mark next to wave.....................Once again make
sure wave is not muted and the volume is turned half way up.
Needless to say the control functions on your card will probably be
different than mine so you will have to play around with it to find the
right settings.

Jody

"surffer" <mjr115@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hello, Installed ATI 128 Pro PCI Card with TV Tuner cannot get sound from
> TV to come thru comp ..Have sound from comp & cd player. any help. Later

You need to have an audio cable of some type from the tv tuner card to your
sound card line in.
Really, two options
a) TV tuner card external-Sound out to the blue line in on your external
sound card jack
b) TV tuner card internal sound out to cd player or aux line on your sound
card (or motherboard)

a) is probably best.
in the initialization wizard, you can set your sound in (i think it's the
same place you select whether you are on cable tv or antenna).
Line in is a), CD Player would be example b above.