ATI 7500 AIW Install Confusion ..Help Please

Hi all,

I have a ATI 7500 AIW ... my harddrive went belly up the other day...
I when to the ATI site to download what I needed to get it up and
running with the latest drivers ... it is to confusing to me cand any
tell what drives I need and in what order to install them BTY I have
an ATI remote as well.

Thanks

David

Ob1

David,

You have some challenges ahead of you because ATI forces you to do a
very careful upgrad and installation of all the drivers INDIVIDUALLY
if you wnat full functionally of your 7500. The first thing to do is
determine if you have the original CD that came with the card which
wil be needed if you want to play DVD's using the MMC portion of the
ATI software. If you do not, then you may can get by with the updates
at the ATI site.

There is a process that I will give you that will work. Email me at
dc2ghz@netnero.net if you still are having problems.

David Sontag wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a ATI 7500 AIW ... my harddrive went belly up the other day...
> I when to the ATI site to download what I needed to get it up and
> running with the latest drivers ... it is to confusing to me cand any
> tell what drives I need and in what order to install them BTY I have
> an ATI remote as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

If you do not need the ATI DVD decoding software you can download (most
of it) and install in the following order:

1) WinXP/Graphic Driver/RADEON Family:
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe>
do not use the one with the "CATALYST control center"

WinXP/Multimedia Center/ALL IN WONDER RADEON Family

2) DAO/MDAC:
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe>

3) DVD Decoder if you still have the original CD (optional):
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/atiCDwiz4-0.exe>

4) Multimedia Center (with all the warning on that page, it seems to
work fine with mine):
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mmc-9-03-0-0.exe>

5) WinXP/REMOTE CONTROL/REMOTE WONDER. I have gotten some problem with
that one. You may need that one + the X10Driver:
<http://www2.ati.com/drivers/remote-wonder-2-5-0-0-english.exe>
<ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers.exe> (optional
only if you have problem with the ATI one).

6) The GUIDE+ software is not downloadable you will need to either have
your original CD or buy it from ATI.

Jody

> 5) WinXP/REMOTE CONTROL/REMOTE WONDER. I have gotten some problem with
> that one. You may need that one + the X10Driver:
> <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/remote-wonder-2-5-0-0-english.exe>
> <ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers.exe> (optional only
> if you have problem with the ATI one).
>
> 6) The GUIDE+ software is not downloadable you will need to either have
> your original CD or buy it from ATI.

Also, download/install dx 9.0c (if not listed in the prev message) if you
don't have it already.

Make sure to download the microsoft encoder next as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

"Minh Tran-Le" <tranle@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> 6) The GUIDE+ software is not downloadable you will need to either have
> your original CD or buy it from ATI.

Guide+ is a nice scheduling tool. The only thing I don't like about it is
that it doesn't show all of the channels on my local cable. More to the
point, there isn't any kind of contact address to get that omission fixed.