Radeon 9600's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2005 7:59:24 PM

Several months ago I bought a Radeon 9600 with 256 MB. I now see the price
of the 9600XT 128 MB is down to the same price. Is there that much
difference in performance between the two? My 9600 seems to run Half-Life 2
pretty well.....

Frank

More about : radeon 9600

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:23:44 PM

"Frank Bals" <fjb@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Several months ago I bought a Radeon 9600 with 256 MB. I now see the price
> of the 9600XT 128 MB is down to the same price. Is there that much
> difference in performance between the two? My 9600 seems to run Half-Life
> 2 pretty well.....
>
> Frank

I would think you would struggle to see any difference upgrading from a 9600
to an XT. Sure, the XT has faster core and memory clock speeds but so what?
You answered the question yourself - HL2 runs pretty already on your 9600.
Maybe an XT would gain you a few extra points on benchmark tests but I doubt
it would make huge differences in games.

Glennbo
!