Digital SLR Camera Suggestions???

I'm in the market for a new Digital (SLR) camera and would welcome
some suggestions as to some MODELS I might wish to consider before
making my final decision.

1. Pixels: I don't REALLY care that much - I'm more interested in
overall PICTURE QUALITY and (eg.) I've 'heard'/been reading that some
of the new 8MB systems don't produce as good results as 6MB cameras.

I would say (likely) in the range of 5MB-8MB.

2. Interchangable lenses: NOT REQUIRED. A permanently attached lens
with a good ZOOM range will suffice.

3. A minimum of a 28mm (35mm focal length equivalent) wide angle
capability is REQUIRED. (Though achieving this with an adapter would
be acceptable, maybe...).

4. Anti-Shake Technology looks attractive. Anyone else beside
Konica-Minolta have???

TIA!

Hammer Toe typed:

> I'm in the market for a new Digital (SLR) camera and would welcome
> some suggestions as to some MODELS I might wish to consider before
> making my final decision.
>
> 1. Pixels: I don't REALLY care that much - I'm more interested in
> overall PICTURE QUALITY and (eg.) I've 'heard'/been reading that some
> of the new 8MB systems don't produce as good results as 6MB cameras.
>
> I would say (likely) in the range of 5MB-8MB.
>
> 2. Interchangable lenses: NOT REQUIRED. A permanently attached lens
> with a good ZOOM range will suffice.
>
> 3. A minimum of a 28mm (35mm focal length equivalent) wide angle
> capability is REQUIRED. (Though achieving this with an adapter would
> be acceptable, maybe...).
>
> 4. Anti-Shake Technology looks attractive. Anyone else beside
> Konica-Minolta have???
>
> TIA!

I guess Canon S1 IS is below your consideration...since it's just 3.2
Mpixels, 10x optical zoom, Image stabilizer (anti shake)...
check it out.

NoWay

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2001