Catalyst Color Controls Don't Work on DVD

bill

Anybody else seeing this?

I have a RADEON X300SE (on a Dell Dimension 8400), running Catalyst
version 4.12.

When I play a DVD, skin tones and other colors don't look quite right,
so I tried to use the Catalyst color controls to fix this. Turns out
the color controls affect everything on screen EXCEPT for DVD. Also,
the overlay adjustments are disabled.

My DVD decoder appears to be based on PowerDVD.

Is there any way to adjust DVD colors through the Catalyst interface?

Thanks,

Bill

"Bill" <ws16314@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody else seeing this?
>
> I have a RADEON X300SE (on a Dell Dimension 8400), running Catalyst
> version 4.12.
>
> When I play a DVD, skin tones and other colors don't look quite right,
> so I tried to use the Catalyst color controls to fix this. Turns out
> the color controls affect everything on screen EXCEPT for DVD. Also,
> the overlay adjustments are disabled.
>
> My DVD decoder appears to be based on PowerDVD.
>
> Is there any way to adjust DVD colors through the Catalyst interface?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

You do know that "Power DVD" has an extensive color control
set, as well as the various preset "Profiles".

Luck;
Ken

bill

In my case, the computer came with something called "Dell Media
Experience", which includes the PowerDVD decoder, but doesn't include
the rest of the PowerDVD interface.

For the record, I upgraded the Catalyst drivers to 5.1, and now the ATI
overlay adjustments work for DVD. Go figure.

Thanks again,

Bill