Hown to disable shutdown

Can somebody tell me how to disable shutdown from windows XP home edition? I
was able to disable shutdown from Start menu bu the option is still
avalaible after the user close the session.

Daniel Massé

131. Disable the Shutdown Command

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:hXsme.6224$yG4.234959@news20.bellglobal.com,
new21.qc.aira.com <daniel.masse@capture-action.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Can somebody tell me how to disable shutdown from windows XP home
> edition? I was able to disable shutdown from Start menu bu the option is
> still avalaible after the user close the session.
>
> Daniel Massé

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

Look for ShutdownWithoutLogon in the right pane. If it exists, double click it and set it to 0 (zero). If it doesn't exist, right click in a blank area of the right pane and select New, DWord value. Name the new value ShutdownWithoutLogon and leave it set at 0. This will remove the Turn off..... option from the Welcome Screen. However, nothing will stop them from using the power button or unplugging it.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.