Security Cerificate

I have a pesky "company" that just won't go away. Windows keeps asking me to
approve the certificate for it. I have no intention of doing so.

Is there any way of telling windows, " No, I don't want to allow this,
disallow it and do not ask me again" ?

Malke

ozhog wrote:

> I have a pesky "company" that just won't go away. Windows keeps asking
> me to approve the certificate for it. I have no intention of doing so.
>
> Is there any way of telling windows, " No, I don't want to allow this,
> disallow it and do not ask me again" ?

Sure. Don't go to that website again. If you are getting constant
requests to connect to a website that you aren't choosing to visit,
then you have other issues such as malware hijacking. If you want more
help and/or more specific answers, please post back with a better
description of the problem.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

If only it were that simple, the thing is from a company called plesk.I am
not going to "that" website. its fairly regular whever I might be surfing.
I'd say whatever it is is some form of malware,but none of the spy programs
pick it up, including the MS one

"Malke" wrote:

> ozhog wrote:
>
> > I have a pesky "company" that just won't go away. Windows keeps asking
> > me to approve the certificate for it. I have no intention of doing so.
> >
> > Is there any way of telling windows, " No, I don't want to allow this,
> > disallow it and do not ask me again" ?
>
> Sure. Don't go to that website again. If you are getting constant
> requests to connect to a website that you aren't choosing to visit,
> then you have other issues such as malware hijacking. If you want more
> help and/or more specific answers, please post back with a better
> description of the problem.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

ozhog wrote:

> If only it were that simple, the thing is from a company called
> plesk.I am not going to "that" website. its fairly regular whever I
> might be surfing. I'd say whatever it is is some form of malware,but
> none of the spy programs pick it up, including the MS one
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> ozhog wrote:
>>
>> > I have a pesky "company" that just won't go away. Windows keeps
>> > asking me to approve the certificate for it. I have no intention of
>> > doing so.
>> >
>> > Is there any way of telling windows, " No, I don't want to allow
>> > this, disallow it and do not ask me again" ?

Did you purchase something from them? Googling for "Plesk" brings up a
lot of links, including this from the apparent company - Plesk is
apparently server management software and seems to be from a legitimate
company, not something an end user would be likely to install:
http://www.sw-soft.com/

There is this link about how to install your purchased Plesk
certificate, but I really question why this would be hosted on a
GeoCities site:
http://www.geotrust.com/resources/install/plesk.htm

Finally, do you have a website - perhaps it is hosted by a company that
uses Plesk? The Plesk software doesn't seem to be malware, but I'm not
sure why you would be getting the request for certicate approval. When
did this problem start happening? Let's see if we can narrow it down to
help troubleshoot. Also, are you doing your scans for malware in Safe
Mode? If not, please do so after making sure you've updated all the
antispyware programs.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers