security centre update

May 30, 2005 4:52:50 AM

I have turned off security centre update because I want to update
manually. However a ballon comes up nagging me to update using scare
tactics that I might be at risk.

I want to update when it suits me while I am not working on other
things, because I need to be online to update. IT'S MY COMPUTER. It
doesn't belong to microsoft, symantec or anyone else. I also like to
know what is happening, because I do online banking so I don't like a
laptop which decides to have a life of its own. So I like to manage the
updates myself. Get the idea?

So how do I turn off these NAGGING BALLONS that pop up from the taskbar.

--

More about : security centre update

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 30, 2005 4:52:51 AM

The answer stared you in the face when you were in Security Center.

Bobby

"john" <SpamMe@senseless.com> wrote in message
>I have turned off security centre update because I want to update
> manually. However a ballon comes up nagging me to update using scare
> tactics that I might be at risk.
>
> I want to update when it suits me while I am not working on other
> things, because I need to be online to update. IT'S MY COMPUTER. It
> doesn't belong to microsoft, symantec or anyone else. I also like to
> know what is happening, because I do online banking so I don't like a
> laptop which decides to have a life of its own. So I like to manage the
> updates myself. Get the idea?
>
> So how do I turn off these NAGGING BALLONS that pop up from the taskbar.
>
> --
May 30, 2005 6:11:17 AM

> The answer stared you in the face when you were in Security Center.

I presume you mean to turn off the security updates?

I mean the balloons pop up AFTER the security updates have been turned
OFF.

a b 8 Security
May 30, 2005 6:11:18 AM

No, that is not what I meant. I was hoping you would take the trouble to
read what is on the screen when you open Security Center.

Open Security Center. Look at the options on the left hand side.

Look at the last option.

Had you troubled yourself to read the screen you would have had your answer
hours ago.

Next time, make sure the answer is not right in front of your nose before
going to the trouble of posting.

>> The answer stared you in the face when you were in Security Center.
>>
> I presume you mean to turn off the security updates?
>
> I mean the balloons pop up AFTER the security updates have been turned
> OFF.

a b 8 Security
May 30, 2005 2:15:55 PM

Of course it is just as easy to keep your computer 100% (if there is such a
thing) protected! (-:

--
Regards,

Richard Urban