unknown sender sends me my passport password?

over the last six hours i've received about 50 emails(all the same) saying
heres the info i requested and its my passport password. what do i do besides
changing my password.

Your password has been compromised. Change it immediately. I would also
expect that you have a key logging program installed on your computer that
harvests passwords and sends the information others. Do this!

Don't ever go clicking things just because a web site, e-mail, popup message
or rogue desktop tells you to! If you are not 101% certain what an action
will do - don't perform that action.

Download, install, update and run the following:

If you don't have any antivirus installed, AVG Antivirus (free) from
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Ad-Aware (free) from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

SpyBot Search and Destroy (free) from

Microsoft Anti Spyware (free) from

And continue to control your clicking finger!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"tnttom25" <tnttom25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> over the last six hours i've received about 50 emails(all the same) saying
> heres the info i requested and its my passport password. what do i do
> besides
> changing my password.

Paul

Splendid

Without knowing the true content of the emails - I would guess that these
emails are an attempt to get you to open an attachment that contains a
virus. I sincerely hope you havn't opened any of the atachments.

Sure! - change your passport password by all means. Then make sure you
install and maintain some antivirus software (anti spyware wouldn't go
astray as well)

"tnttom25" <tnttom25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> over the last six hours i've received about 50 emails(all the same) saying
> heres the info i requested and its my passport password. what do i do
> besides
> changing my password.

thanks paul and richard , heres the message and believe me no virus and have
firewall enabled nortons anti virus and no clicking on anything unless 101%
sure:

Attached is the information you requested.

zorgzorg25(my old password!!!)

Please do not reply to this message. If you have comments or questions
concerning this program or believe that you have receive this e-mail in error,
please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-280-2011.
<<ref##200410301042735803##>>
and heres the properties from the message:
http://by104fd.bay104.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/HoTMaiL?a=73eaa2b1feb1c8134dea48daf1fa2021&curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000005
"did not open any attachments or called any phone #'s!!!
"Paul" wrote:

> Without knowing the true content of the emails - I would guess that these
> emails are an attempt to get you to open an attachment that contains a
> virus. I sincerely hope you havn't opened any of the atachments.
>
> Sure! - change your passport password by all means. Then make sure you
> install and maintain some antivirus software (anti spyware wouldn't go
> astray as well)
>

> "tnttom25" <tnttom25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > over the last six hours i've received about 50 emails(all the same) saying
> > heres the info i requested and its my passport password. what do i do
> > besides
> > changing my password.

It sounds to me that either you, or someone who uses your computer, went to
the Hotmail web site and requested that the password be sent. The fact that
they give a 1-800 number and a referral reference number lends credence to
this. If you didn't request the password, who (using your computer) did?