Is there any way to clear this up?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

jk

Check with ATI support. I believe there is a command line uninstall
procedure with switches that will uninstall everything ATI on your pc.

Another thing you could try is a repair install of Windows 2000. It sounds
like there may be a registry error on your machine which may be fixed by
doing a repair install. Repair install will redetect your hardware and
rewrite the hardware portion of your registry.

Jk

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
>I have Catalyst 3.09 driver installation on Windows 2000 for a
> RADEON 9800 Pro video card. Somehow the installation has
> become corrupt. Whenever I try to uninstall the installation
> using the ATI Uninstall utility, I get a modal error dialog that
> complains the driver must be installed first. I hit OK and it
> then proceeds and asks for a reboot, after which the ATI driver
> is not installed. Any driver greater than 3.10 so badly
> corrupts the system that I can no longer use the Catalyst
> configuration without getting errors, and settings on the Control
> Panel Catalyst dialogs simply fail to save. When I reinstall
> 3.09 it works, but again I cannot uninstall.
>
> Is there some utility I can run that will attempt to verify my
> installation and in file-level detail tell me what files or
> registry settings are not correct?
>
> Is there any way to clear this up?
>
> --
> Will
> Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

I've had Windows 2000 repair install trash completely more than
one computer. I hesitate to trust it.

Is the uninstaller that you are referring to different than the
one that ATI installs in C:\Program Files\ATI
Technologies\UninstallAll?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com