EFS Event ID: 6203 on Windows Server 2003

Hello

This error:
EFS does not support encryption over network sessions established using

the NTLM protocol.

appears when I try create file encrypted in cluster w2003 any idea??

My configuration:

1 DC with CA / Mode Mixed
2 Node Cluster
1 Workstation

thanks

"basuraster" <basuraster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>

> This error:
> EFS does not support encryption over network sessions established using
>
> the NTLM protocol.
>

> appears when I try create file encrypted in cluster w2003 any idea??
>

> My configuration:
>

> 1 DC with CA / Mode Mixed
> 2 Node Cluster
> 1 Workstation
>

> thanks

What client are you using? You have to be using Kerberos authentication. If
you login from a Win98 machine you are using NTLM authentication.

Kerry

> "basuraster" <basuraster@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>

>> This error:
>> EFS does not support encryption over network sessions established using
>>
>> the NTLM protocol.
>>

>> appears when I try create file encrypted in cluster w2003 any idea??
>>

>> My configuration:
>>

>> 1 DC with CA / Mode Mixed
>> 2 Node Cluster
>> 1 Workstation
>>

>> thanks
>>

> What client are you using? You have to be using Kerberos authentication.
> If you login from a Win98 machine you are using NTLM authentication.
>
> Kerry

Some links about types of authentication and possible reasons why NTLM may
be used:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Operations/6291dce1-4ea8-4b4f-a9c1-23926ab6e8dd.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/b01221d7-a5a5-442d-a804-c9fe44fdf448.mspx

Kerry

Thanks for the links.
I find my problem. In Virtual server cluster kerberos autentication is
not enable, I change a work fine.

> Thanks for the links.
> I find my problem. In Virtual server cluster kerberos autentication is
> not enable, I change a work fine.

Thanks for the update, glad you got it working.

Kerry