Error 1904 when installing software

I am trying to install software on my new computer running Windows XP. I
have installed other programs with no problems, but when I try to
install ARC GIS software I keep receiving this error. Has anyone
received it or know how to fix it? Thank you!

Error 1904. Module C:program

Files\ArcGIS\Bin\3DSymbolsUI.dll failed to register. HRESULT

-2147023898.

--
jmnichols

Malke

jmnichols wrote:

> I am trying to install software on my new computer running Windows XP.
> I have installed other programs with no problems, but when I try to
> install ARC GIS software I keep receiving this error. Has anyone
> received it or know how to fix it? Thank you!
>
> Error 1904. Module C:program
>
> Files\ArcGIS\Bin\3DSymbolsUI.dll failed to register. HRESULT
>
> -2147023898.

What did tech support for ARC GIS say?

Malke
--