forgotten windows desktop password

a b 8 Security
May 23, 2005 8:29:57 PM

can somebody please help, my son has been messing with the pc and has
put himself down as the administrator now he has forgotten the password
and i cannot instal things or do much else, i am a novice pcer so all
advice would be grate fully recived.

--
honeybee395
May 31, 2005 6:09:56 PM

Anarchy wrote:

> and what if there is a password on Administrator account? (I'm talking
> about WINXP Pro)

Then the NTpasswd program will do the trick, but it might be a bit
difficult for the OP to use. She said she was a "novice pc user" and
downloading (obviously from a different machine), preparing a bootable
cd or floppy, and then working with a commandline Linux program will
probably be too hard for her. I guessed that she had XP Home, in which
case my original advice was the right thing for her to try first.

If you are just looking for this information for your own knowledge,
here is the link to NTpasswd:

If you are even a little computer-savvy, NTpasswd will be quite easy for
you to use.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hehe... yea that was for my own knowledge :) ... thnx for replying...

--
Anarchy
Anarchy's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13340