Clearing a large error message backlog

My system was having a problem with Data Execution Prevention while on
vacation. It created an error message about once a minute for 6 days. I fixed
the problem, but I still need to clear several thousand error messages.
Please tell me that I don't have to do this manually!

XP Pro SP2

TFAH

Open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | Click OK |
Right click each of the following and select:
Clear all Events and click NO to do you want to save:
Application
Security
System

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:19A141BB-4CC3-4AB6-B26F-74F2C9CD9A60@microsoft.com,
teeseven <teeseven@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> My system was having a problem with Data Execution Prevention while on
> vacation. It created an error message about once a minute for 6 days. I
> fixed the problem, but I still need to clear several thousand error
> messages. Please tell me that I don't have to do this manually!
>
> XP Pro SP2
>
> TFAH

That did it. Thanks. I just assumed that the log was a separate issue....

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Open the Event Viewer...
> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | Click OK |
> Right click each of the following and select:
> Clear all Events and click NO to do you want to save:
> Application
> Security
> System
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:19A141BB-4CC3-4AB6-B26F-74F2C9CD9A60@microsoft.com,
> teeseven <teeseven@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > My system was having a problem with Data Execution Prevention while on
> > vacation. It created an error message about once a minute for 6 days. I
> > fixed the problem, but I still need to clear several thousand error
> > messages. Please tell me that I don't have to do this manually!
> >
> > XP Pro SP2
> >
> > TFAH

:)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B8C11F0A-AE65-407D-92BE-4FE19B54D69A@microsoft.com,
teeseven <teeseven@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> That did it. Thanks. I just assumed that the log was a separate issue....
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | Click OK |
>> Right click each of the following and select:
>> Clear all Events and click NO to do you want to save:
>> Application
>> Security
>> System
>>
>> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:19A141BB-4CC3-4AB6-B26F-74F2C9CD9A60@microsoft.com,
>> teeseven <teeseven@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> My system was having a problem with Data Execution Prevention while on
>>> vacation. It created an error message about once a minute for 6 days. I
>>> fixed the problem, but I still need to clear several thousand error
>>> messages. Please tell me that I don't have to do this manually!
>>>
>>> XP Pro SP2
>>>
>>> TFAH

FYI to anyone following this thread. I then ended up deleting about 25,000
(yes I said 25,000) 1.5 - 4 Mb hex dumps from WINXP\pchealth\Error
rep\UserDumps folder. One for each error. Kinda slowed the system down....

Use a shift-delete, or you will just spend a lot of time waiting for them to
be moved to the recycle bin!

Tony

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> :)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:B8C11F0A-AE65-407D-92BE-4FE19B54D69A@microsoft.com,
> teeseven <teeseven@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > That did it. Thanks. I just assumed that the log was a separate issue....
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Open the Event Viewer...
> >> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | Click OK |
> >> Right click each of the following and select:
> >> Clear all Events and click NO to do you want to save:
> >> Application
> >> Security
> >> System
> >>
> >> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes