How to convert a video created using ATI Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2005 11:31:12 AM

Three years ago I ripped from a videotape using a new "Ati All in
Wonder 128 Pro" video card and the "ATI Multimedia Center" suite.
Now I'm trying to convert this mpeg video to a Standard DVD or a Divx,
but EVERY program displays a "this is not a valid mpeg video file" (I
tried Nero, SimpleDivx, DVD Creator, etc).
I' tried to analyze the file with the last version of GSpot and the
codec is not recognized ("n.a.").
The strange thing is that the video plays well.
Have you any idea on how to convert this video to DvD/mpeg2?
Thanks a lot
Dan

P.S.
My "ATI All in Wonder" died in garbage 6 months ago ...
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:51:20 PM

try renaming it to a .avi.

It might not actually be encoded in mpeg2. However, it would still play
properly if using some common codec as media players normally read the file
header first (to determine file type) and don't care what the file extension
is.

Tony