How to convert a video created using ATI Card?

Three years ago I ripped from a videotape using a new "Ati All in
Wonder 128 Pro" video card and the "ATI Multimedia Center" suite.
Now I'm trying to convert this mpeg video to a Standard DVD or a Divx,
but EVERY program displays a "this is not a valid mpeg video file" (I
tried Nero, SimpleDivx, DVD Creator, etc).
I' tried to analyze the file with the last version of GSpot and the
codec is not recognized ("n.a.").
The strange thing is that the video plays well.
Have you any idea on how to convert this video to DvD/mpeg2?
Thanks a lot
Dan

P.S.
My "ATI All in Wonder" died in garbage 6 months ago ...
2 answers Last reply
More about convert video created card

    try renaming it to a .avi.

    It might not actually be encoded in mpeg2. However, it would still play
    properly if using some common codec as media players normally read the file
    header first (to determine file type) and don't care what the file extension
    is.

    Tony

    "puddie" <pudenee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Three years ago I ripped from a videotape using a new "Ati All in
    > Wonder 128 Pro" video card and the "ATI Multimedia Center" suite.
    > Now I'm trying to convert this mpeg video to a Standard DVD or a Divx,
    > but EVERY program displays a "this is not a valid mpeg video file" (I
    > tried Nero, SimpleDivx, DVD Creator, etc).
    > I' tried to analyze the file with the last version of GSpot and the
    > codec is not recognized ("n.a.").
    > The strange thing is that the video plays well.
    > Have you any idea on how to convert this video to DvD/mpeg2?
    > Thanks a lot
    > Dan
    >
    > P.S.
    > My "ATI All in Wonder" died in garbage 6 months ago ...

    also, try the program virtualdub.

    "http://www.virtualdub.org/index"

    Tony

Radeon Video ATI Graphics