guest versus limited

in terms of safely giving access to users of a PC. is the guest account
safer than the limited account. (in terms of damage a user could do to files
or set up of PC).
3 answers Last reply
More about guest versus limited

    In news:5F6EAA01-6F5E-43CD-AC1F-6E7EBF78B227@microsoft.com,
    windowuser <windowuser@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > in terms of safely giving access to users of a PC. is the guest
    > account safer than the limited account. (in terms of damage a user
    > could do to files or set up of PC).

    Yes. Guest has fewer rights than a Limited Account.

    FMI:

    Microsoft Windows XP - Types of user accounts:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_c_account_types.mspx

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    when setting up accounts for users that only need internet access, does it
    make sense to set up each user with an account that has the same restrictions
    as the guest account. If so, how does one create extra guest type accounts?

    In news:EB14A83F-D66B-4C2E-9388-CE7708264247@microsoft.com,
    windowuser <windowuser@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > when setting up accounts for users that only need internet access,
    > does it make sense to set up each user with an account that has the
    > same restrictions as the guest account. If so, how does one create
    > extra guest type accounts?

    You could make the account. Start > Run > Type control userpasswords2 > hit
    enter > highlight the account > click properties > click group membership >
    select other > in the drop down menu box assign them to the Guest account
    group.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Security Microsoft Windows XP