HOMEPATH not available in runas shell

Hi,

[Sorry if this is off-topic, I had a hard time finding the correct
newsgroup, but I figured that most people here would be familiar using
runas.]

When starting up a new command prompt, using the runas command, the HOMEPATH
and HOMEDRIVE environment variables aren't available for the newly logged on
user. Example:

runas /user:<myuser> cmd
-- logging in --
>echo %HOMEPATH%
%HOMEPATH%
>echo %HOMEDRIVE%
%HOMEDRIVE%

Is this a known problem? I tried searching the KB, but found nothing.

// Johan
2 answers Last reply
More about homepath runas shell

    Well that's because that user is really not logged in, you just opened a
    shell as that user.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:udNpoawZFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Well that's because that user is really not logged in, you just opened a
    > shell as that user.

    - User-specific environment variables that I've defined explicitly
    (System/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables/User variables for <user>)
    are there.

    - At least some automatically defined user-specific environment variables
    are set, such as USERPROFILE.

    What would the difference be?

    // Johan

Environment Variables Shell Command Prompt Windows XP