HOMEPATH not available in runas shell

Hi,

[Sorry if this is off-topic, I had a hard time finding the correct
newsgroup, but I figured that most people here would be familiar using
runas.]

When starting up a new command prompt, using the runas command, the HOMEPATH
and HOMEDRIVE environment variables aren't available for the newly logged on
user. Example:

runas /user:<myuser> cmd
-- logging in --
>echo %HOMEPATH%
%HOMEPATH%
>echo %HOMEDRIVE%
%HOMEDRIVE%

Is this a known problem? I tried searching the KB, but found nothing.

// Johan

Well that's because that user is really not logged in, you just opened a
shell as that user.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:udNpoawZFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Well that's because that user is really not logged in, you just opened a
> shell as that user.

- User-specific environment variables that I've defined explicitly
(System/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables/User variables for <user>)
are there.

- At least some automatically defined user-specific environment variables
are set, such as USERPROFILE.

What would the difference be?

// Johan

TRENDING THREADS