Anyone finished the entire game on hard without dying once?

Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
without dying.

Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?

--
_________________________________
James A. Cooley

James A. Cooley wrote:
> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to
finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?
>
> --
> _________________________________
> James A. Cooley
> Eschew obfuscation!

I would say it's possible, some say the game is so easy you can play
all the way through with just the g-gun or that a 3yr old could finish
it without raising a sweat.

James A. Cooley wrote:
> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?

Negative!!
--
AOL AIM: Jon Ne Reb
Yahoo Messenger: frostbitemike

Email treesqueak (at) gci (dot) net

In article <uxbLd.9058$V51.4009@fe1.texas.rr.com>, James A. Cooley
<jacooley@centralpets.com> wrote:

> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?

No.

___
Neil
AKA HighVis

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:47:21 +0000, Neil Jones
<neil@designumbrella.com> wrote:

>In article <uxbLd.9058$V51.4009@fe1.texas.rr.com>, James A. Cooley
><jacooley@centralpets.com> wrote:
>
>> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
>> without dying.
>>
>> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?
>
>No.
>
>___
>Neil
>AKA HighVis

I don't think that's possible. You're constantly busy shooting and
running and dodging and pushing pesky allies out your way, and you
really have little time to formulate a stategy.
I finally finished the game, and am pleased that the final Boss was
not posseded with Superhuman powers, but as usual with Valve's games,
the ending left me cold. Waiting for HL3.

Mi e' sembrato che David Seiver abbia scritto

> Waiting for HL3.

Ask your doctor some pills :)))
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

"James A. Cooley" <jacooley@centralpets.com> wrote in message
> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?
>
> --
> _________________________________
> James A. Cooley
> Eschew obfuscation!

Well, I guess it IS possible, but you need to take your time and definately
need to have completed the game at least once (preferably more than once) so
you know what to expect and where and what things will happen. I've finished
the game several times on hard and found the most difficult areas were with
the mechanized enemies (i.e. gunships, armed dropships and striders).

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

There is a thread on halflife2.net from someone who claimed he finished the
whole game on hard without taking any damage at all.

rms

shawk

James A. Cooley wrote:
> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?

Not even close. I do think it could have been more challenging but not
getting killed at all? Nah, not me.

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:22:44 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>There is a thread on halflife2.net from someone who claimed he finished the
>whole game on hard without taking any damage at all.
>
>rms

MMMmmm - I smell something .... HHHHmmm, pure BS, I can smell that a
mile off.

If you saying someone is claiming to go through whole game on hard
where health NEVER drops below 100 (or 200 at end) - I dont believe.

Can you provide a link so I can flame them mecilessly ;)

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
10 AGHL "I sure slapped those fools down points"

"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote in message
> If you saying someone is claiming to go through whole game on hard
> where health NEVER drops below 100 (or 200 at end) - I dont believe.

<nitpick>

Your health never reaches 200 at the end, only the HEV suit power.

</nitpick>

In any case, it'd be impossible to avoid at least SOME damage. There are
many areas during the Water Hazards chapter that cause you to sustain
damage, mainly from the gunship.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:20:45 GMT, "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> If you saying someone is claiming to go through whole game on hard
>> where health NEVER drops below 100 (or 200 at end) - I dont believe.
>
><nitpick>
>
>Your health never reaches 200 at the end, only the HEV suit power.
>
></nitpick>
>
>In any case, it'd be impossible to avoid at least SOME damage. There are
>many areas during the Water Hazards chapter that cause you to sustain
>damage, mainly from the gunship.

LOL - you right on the nitpick, but like you - I dont believe it poss
to get through without some health frop.

cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
10 AGHL "I sure slapped those fools down points"

On 1/30/2005 4:03 PM Shawk brightened our day with:

> James A. Cooley wrote:
>
>> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to
>> finish without dying.
>>
>> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?
>>

> Not even close. I do think it could have been more challenging but
> not getting killed at all? Nah, not me.

I think you can get through a whole lot of HL2 without getting killed
but there are a couple of sections, e.g. Strider fights, that are hard
to stay healthy in.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I beat it twice on easy and once on medium. I'm now half way through on
hard but I don't think I can beat it without a cheat. I'm at the point
where I'm in a warehouse with two towers inside a you have to ride a
suspended platform and scale narrow walkways. All this time combine
soldiers are coming in to attack. I ran out of ammo and don't think there
is a way for me to beat it.

DaveL

"James A. Cooley" <jacooley@centralpets.com> wrote in message
> Just curious. I am trying to see how far I can go from start to finish
> without dying.
>
> Anyone made it all the way on the highest difficulty with no cheats?
>
> --
> _________________________________
> James A. Cooley
> Eschew obfuscation!

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Sure. He probably had god mode on.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I beat it twice on easy and once on medium. I'm now half way through on
> hard but I don't think I can beat it without a cheat. I'm at the point
> where I'm in a warehouse with two towers inside a you have to ride a
> suspended platform and scale narrow walkways. All this time combine
> soldiers are coming in to attack. I ran out of ammo and don't think there
> is a way for me to beat it.

If that's where I think it is (i.e. sometime after Alyx has been captured),
perhaps you can use those barrels lying around to your advantage with the
grav gun. Either that, or load from a previous auto-save and aim a little
better next time. Snipe with the crossbow, or perform my favourite trick:

Equip the Magnum revolver and hold down the zoom (z) key. While holding down
the zoom key, hold down the fire button and aim for the head of a Combine
soldier. Once you've targeted the enemy, let go of the zoom key and because
you'll still holding the fire button, the gun will fire immediately at the
target you saw in your zoom. Result: a crude sniper rifle.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:02:19 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>. I ran out of ammo and don't think there
>is a way for me to beat it.

Look for another ladder above you on the same tower you climbed up.

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I beat it twice on easy and once on medium. I'm now half way through on
>hard but I don't think I can beat it without a cheat. I'm at the point
>where I'm in a warehouse with two towers inside a you have to ride a
>suspended platform and scale narrow walkways. All this time combine
>soldiers are coming in to attack. I ran out of ammo and don't think there
>is a way for me to beat it.
>
> DaveL

If this is where you first meet the elite guys coming from the roof to a
platform you cannot reach then I suggest you
1. try graving their equipment - you may have to go down again to get it.
2. loiter between levels on the ladder - they wont be able to shoot you

"Nick Hounsome" <nh002@nickhounsome.me.uk> wrote in message

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I beat it twice on easy and once on medium. I'm now half way through on
>>hard but I don't think I can beat it without a cheat. I'm at the point
>>where I'm in a warehouse with two towers inside a you have to ride a
>>suspended platform and scale narrow walkways. All this time combine
>>soldiers are coming in to attack. I ran out of ammo and don't think there
>>is a way for me to beat it.
>>
>> DaveL
>
> If this is where you first meet the elite guys coming from the roof to a
> platform you cannot reach then I suggest you
> 1. try graving their equipment - you may have to go down again to get it.
> 2. loiter between levels on the ladder - they wont be able to shoot you

I have beat that spot fairly handily. I fell in love with the crossbow here
and the grenade launcher. I also got good at ducking...