printer/scanner/copier help

Have to replace scanner since XP won't work with current scanner. I am
thinking perhaps a printer/scanner/copier combo, either a Epson or HP.
Both have some good features, but since I have no knowledge I could use
some suggestions or thoughts regarding these two or other brands. I
scan/print pictures, and make a lot of B/W text copies. If anyone has
any good brand/model that I should consider, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Norvin
5 answers Last reply
More about printer scanner copier help

    HP PSC1210 was highly rated in comsumer guide.
    I have one, It works great for $99.00.

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/

    Not long ago the wife wanted to create her own greeting cards so we had to
    get an inkjet printer. Went ahead and decided on the printer/scanner/copier
    combo. Got a Lexmark first but had nothing but paper feed problems on both
    of them that we tried. Then tried a HP 1350 and we are well pleased to
    date - does good photos as well as the other things.

    "Norvin Gordon" <Bluegoose@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Have to replace scanner since XP won't work with current scanner. I am
    > thinking perhaps a printer/scanner/copier combo, either a Epson or HP.
    > Both have some good features, but since I have no knowledge I could use
    > some suggestions or thoughts regarding these two or other brands. I
    > scan/print pictures, and make a lot of B/W text copies. If anyone has
    > any good brand/model that I should consider, I would appreciate it.
    > Thanks
    > Norvin

    "Norvin Gordon" <Bluegoose@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Have to replace scanner since XP won't work with current scanner. I am
    > thinking perhaps a printer/scanner/copier combo, either a Epson or HP.
    > Both have some good features, but since I have no knowledge I could use
    > some suggestions or thoughts regarding these two or other brands. I
    > scan/print pictures, and make a lot of B/W text copies. If anyone has
    > any good brand/model that I should consider, I would appreciate it.
    > Thanks
    > Norvin

    How sure are you that it won't work? When I got a new computer with WinXP a
    little more than a year ago, the company that made my scanner didn't have a
    driver for WinXP, but said the driver for Win98 might work. So a first set
    a new Restore point in case the driver caused problems, then installed that
    driver. It worked perfectly.

    My first problem is that my scanner, HP 4P is about 7 years old and the
    physical connect is like a parallel connector of a printer. I had to
    install a unique card in my old computer to accept the connector, and
    the old card cannot be plugged into the new computer and the only
    parallel connector on the PC is for the printer. I also checked around
    and found that XP was not working with my scanner. I could buy another
    adapter card but they are almost as much as a new PSC combo and I still
    have no guarantee that it will work good.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Norvin Gordon typed:

    > Have to replace scanner since XP won't work with current scanner. I am
    > thinking perhaps a printer/scanner/copier combo, either a Epson or HP.
    > Both have some good features, but since I have no knowledge I could
    > use some suggestions or thoughts regarding these two or other brands.
    > I scan/print pictures, and make a lot of B/W text copies. If anyone
    > has any good brand/model that I should consider, I would appreciate
    > it. Thanks
    > Norvin

    If you make a lot of BW copies, maybe instead of combo it would be better to
    get new USB scanner and laser printer? (cheaper printing)

Cameras Printers Scanners Windows XP Peripherals