Component Inputs

Does anyone know of a way to connect component (RGB) cable outputs of a
given device (such as a DVD player or HDTV satellite receiver) to an AIW
card?

If not, does the HDTV Wonder card accept component inputs? The ATI
website wasn't clear on whether it does or not.

TIA.

My 9800 AIW came with an adapter that allows you do just what you are
asking....
--
___________________
HomeBrewer

Homebrewer, are you sure you're connecting component video to your AIW9800?
From the manual, it looks like the only inputs that the 9800 supports are
composite video, S-video and CATV...

Arif, it looks like you're wanting to connect the Y-Cr-Cb output of a DVD or
HD receiver in to the video card, right? If that's the case, I don't think
that the AIW9800 will let you do that -- granted, that card will let you go
in the opposite direction (the 9800 AV-out lets you output to a Y-Cr-Cb
connection, but not input.

If I'm wrong on this, someone let me know -- I'll go down to Fry's tomorrow
and pick one up!

Regards,

Mike Garrison

"HomeBrewer" <85cj7XXX@cox.net> wrote in message
> My 9800 AIW came with an adapter that allows you do just what you are
> asking....
> --
> ___________________
> HomeBrewer
> http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
> http://85cj7.webhop.net/
> http://funfacts.webhop.org/
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Oh, one more thing: The HDTV Wonder definitely only supports over-the-air
reception; the only connection on that card is a coax input meant for the HD
antenna (which they include in the box). I've searched for other cards
which have either a Y-Cr-Cb input or -- better yet -- a DVI-Input (my
digital cable puts its best signal across its DVI-output), and haven't found
one yet.

HomeBrewer wrote:

> My 9800 AIW came with an adapter that allows you do just what you are
> asking....

Do you happen to know the part number, because I'm not able to find what
you're referring to on the ati website.

Arif Khokar wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to connect component (RGB) cable outputs of a
> given device (such as a DVD player or HDTV satellite receiver) to an AIW
> card?
>
> If not, does the HDTV Wonder card accept component inputs? The ATI
> website wasn't clear on whether it does or not.
>
> TIA.

I'm afraid a card that does RGB/YPbPr capture is going to be WAAAAY more
expensive than an ATI AIW.

> Homebrewer, are you sure you're connecting component video to your
> AIW9800?
I know it will do something with y-Cr-Cb....see below

> in the opposite direction (the 9800 AV-out lets you output to a Y-Cr-Cb
> connection, but not input.

I guess it's output i was thinking about....I've had a few too many beers
and can't confirm tonight. I will sober up and look into this. As you can
see by my links below, computer parts are not my primary objective these
days....but I try to help out when I can.
--