Lost Firewall

It appears that I lost the firewall protection that I had from Windows XP
(SP2). In the control panel, I went to the security ceter and it shows the
firewall "Off". I followed the recommendations to enable the firewall but it
will not do it. This just started to happen today after I downloaded from
Microsoft a "Spyware program" Is there a way to get the firewall back working?
Thank you.

Malke

Budman3 wrote:

> It appears that I lost the firewall protection that I had from Windows
> XP (SP2). In the control panel, I went to the security ceter and it
> shows the firewall "Off". I followed the recommendations to enable the
> firewall but it will not do it. This just started to happen today
> after I downloaded from Microsoft a "Spyware program" Is there a way
> to get the firewall back working? Thank you.

MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
Start>Run cmd [enter]
netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
Follow prompts and reboot.

Remember, the MS AntiSpyware program is still *beta*. "Beta" means
software that isn't finished yet and still in the bug-testing phase.
Don't run beta software on production machines or unless you fully
understand what you are doing.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers