More about mcafee antivirus version date

    From: "a" <a@a.com>

    | ...even when i just updated the thing!
    |
    | so uppon boot up, it warns the user with the red shield icon on the tray
    | and a balloon popup saying that the a/v is out of date!
    |
    | i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. still same error.
    |
    | this was a fresh dell latitude laptop running windows xp pro. the
    | mcafee is the enterprise edition so the retail version has diff version
    | numbers. but this is the newest mcafee (engine).
    |
    | thanks...

    You are saying that McAfee Enterprise VirusScan v8.0i (not retail ViruScan 8.0) is being
    identified as out-of-date ?

    Interesting !

    I wonder if others have identified and/or corrected the problem.

    I suggest you post this in the McAfee forums.
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm