Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

XP says MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS (version 8) is out of date...

Tags:
  • McAfee
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 1, 2005 7:56:24 PM

....even when i just updated the thing!

so uppon boot up, it warns the user with the red shield icon on the tray
and a balloon popup saying that the a/v is out of date!

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. still same error.

this was a fresh dell latitude laptop running windows xp pro. the
mcafee is the enterprise edition so the retail version has diff version
numbers. but this is the newest mcafee (engine).

thanks...

More about : mcafee antivirus version date

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 11:13:45 PM

From: "a" <a@a.com>

| ...even when i just updated the thing!
|
| so uppon boot up, it warns the user with the red shield icon on the tray
| and a balloon popup saying that the a/v is out of date!
|
| i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. still same error.
|
| this was a fresh dell latitude laptop running windows xp pro. the
| mcafee is the enterprise edition so the retail version has diff version
| numbers. but this is the newest mcafee (engine).
|
| thanks...

You are saying that McAfee Enterprise VirusScan v8.0i (not retail ViruScan 8.0) is being
identified as out-of-date ?

Interesting !

I wonder if others have identified and/or corrected the problem.

I suggest you post this in the McAfee forums.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm