Disabling DCOM

Should I be disabling DCOM service for security? I scanned my ports and port
135 was left open. I have XP Service Pack 2 and asking if I need to disable
it. And if I do disable it what would happen?
2 answers Last reply
More about disabling dcom

    http://www.grc.com/dcom/

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    I used the program and it says "Windows XP Service Pack 2 is Not Vulnerable".
    Should I disable it anyway?

    "MAP" wrote:

    > Dan wrote:
    > > Should I be disabling DCOM service for security? I scanned my ports
    > > and port 135 was left open. I have XP Service Pack 2 and asking if I
    > > need to disable it. And if I do disable it what would happen?
    >
    > http://www.grc.com/dcom/
    >
    > --
    > Mike Pawlak

Security Microsoft Windows XP