Disabling DCOM

June 1, 2005 11:04:15 PM

Should I be disabling DCOM service for security? I scanned my ports and port
135 was left open. I have XP Service Pack 2 and asking if I need to disable
it. And if I do disable it what would happen?

More about : disabling dcom

June 2, 2005 4:14:17 AM

http://www.grc.com/dcom/

--
Mike Pawlak
June 2, 2005 5:18:03 PM

I used the program and it says "Windows XP Service Pack 2 is Not Vulnerable".
Should I disable it anyway?

!