How to get ATI Rage Fury working in Windows Media Center 2..

Hi - I'm new, so nice to meet you all!

I have the Media Center 2005 OS installed, but when I launch Media
Center, it says graphics card (or drivers) not compatible. I have an:

ATI Rage Fury Pro (pre-radeon) .. I only want to use the S-Video out for
streaming network movies - I don't care about TV tuner.

When I go to view a video ion MCE 2005, I get "files needed to display
video are not installed or not working correctly"

I installed all the codecs + proper card drivers .. same message:

"Files needed to display video are not installed or not working
correctly"

If I play vids using other players (even .. ugh .. Media Player) the vids
work.

Is there other Media Center software I can use?

Do I just need perhaps the Mpeg-2 decoder installed, or is my ATI card
useless on MCE 2005?

BigDogLeash wrote:
> Hi - I'm new, so nice to meet you all!
>
> I have the Media Center 2005 OS installed, but when I launch Media
> Center, it says graphics card (or drivers) not compatible. I have an:
>
> ATI Rage Fury Pro (pre-radeon) .. I only want to use the S-Video out for
> streaming network movies - I don't care about TV tuner.
>
> When I go to view a video ion MCE 2005, I get "files needed to display
> video are not installed or not working correctly"
>
> I installed all the codecs + proper card drivers .. same message:
>
> "Files needed to display video are not installed or not working
> correctly"
>
> If I play vids using other players (even .. ugh .. Media Player) the vids
> work.
>
> Is there other Media Center software I can use?
>
> Do I just need perhaps the Mpeg-2 decoder installed, or is my ATI card
> useless on MCE 2005?

This card will not work with MCE 2005. You need at least a Radeon 9500
for MCE 2005. Check newegg.com for a compatible radeon 9500 board -
~$50-60.

Or try GB-PVR, which is a free front end like MCE. http://gbpvr.com

TRENDING THREADS