How to get ATI Rage Fury working in Windows Media Center 2..

Hi - I'm new, so nice to meet you all!

I have the Media Center 2005 OS installed, but when I launch Media
Center, it says graphics card (or drivers) not compatible. I have an:

ATI Rage Fury Pro (pre-radeon) .. I only want to use the S-Video out for
streaming network movies - I don't care about TV tuner.

When I go to view a video ion MCE 2005, I get "files needed to display
video are not installed or not working correctly"

I installed all the codecs + proper card drivers .. same message:

"Files needed to display video are not installed or not working
correctly"

If I play vids using other players (even .. ugh .. Media Player) the vids
work.

Is there other Media Center software I can use?

Do I just need perhaps the Mpeg-2 decoder installed, or is my ATI card
useless on MCE 2005?
2 answers Last reply
More about rage fury working windows media center

    BigDogLeash wrote:
    > Hi - I'm new, so nice to meet you all!
    >
    > I have the Media Center 2005 OS installed, but when I launch Media
    > Center, it says graphics card (or drivers) not compatible. I have an:
    >
    > ATI Rage Fury Pro (pre-radeon) .. I only want to use the S-Video out for
    > streaming network movies - I don't care about TV tuner.
    >
    > When I go to view a video ion MCE 2005, I get "files needed to display
    > video are not installed or not working correctly"
    >
    > I installed all the codecs + proper card drivers .. same message:
    >
    > "Files needed to display video are not installed or not working
    > correctly"
    >
    > If I play vids using other players (even .. ugh .. Media Player) the vids
    > work.
    >
    > Is there other Media Center software I can use?
    >
    > Do I just need perhaps the Mpeg-2 decoder installed, or is my ATI card
    > useless on MCE 2005?

    This card will not work with MCE 2005. You need at least a Radeon 9500
    for MCE 2005. Check newegg.com for a compatible radeon 9500 board -
    ~$50-60.

    Or try GB-PVR, which is a free front end like MCE. http://gbpvr.com

    I went to the ATI website driver page...
    http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

    No Spam is right. You need a Radeon series graphic card to work with
    XP Media Center Edition.

Radeon Media Center ATI Graphics