Question Re:Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst Control Center

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 22, 2005 4:41:37 PM

I've tried installing the latest 5.1 Cat.drivers and the control center on
my system running Xp Sp2 , ATI 9100SE 128mg , 512 mg ram , a Samsung 715V
Lcd screen and for some reason i can't get it to work properly.

The screen comes up , but doesn't fill up the screen ,, it shows up on the
screen in full resolution ,,the highest,, but offset into the bottom corner
of the monitor. The only way to view the desktop is to move the mouse fully
right or left ,,i can't even move it far enough for me to see the taskbar.

The control center comes up , but verrryyyy slowly ,,and i have to drag it
around the screen to view all of it.

If i re-install the older version of drivers and control panel ,everything
goes back to normal ,, but it's the older control panel.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they support my
card.

Thanks ,Gord
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 22, 2005 4:42:09 PM

"LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message

> Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they support my
> card.
>
> Thanks ,Gord

From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a steaming
pile of dung. I wouldn't even bother with it and I don't get why ATI even
released it yet given the amount of trouble users have had with it. That
aside, I assume you have Microsoft .NET 1.1 installed, along with the
Service Pack for .NET?
January 22, 2005 6:26:45 PM

yes i do have it installed

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in

> "LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they
>> support my card.
>>
>> Thanks ,Gord
>

> From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a
> steaming pile of dung. I wouldn't even bother with it and I don't get
> why ATI even released it yet given the amount of trouble users have
> had with it. That aside, I assume you have Microsoft .NET 1.1
> installed, along with the Service Pack for .NET?

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 22, 2005 9:01:52 PM

I was looking to see if I had the service pack and saw NET Framework Version
2.0. Anybody try this for CCC issues?

!