Hi,

I recently installed this Beta software on my XP Pro machine, since when I
have been unable to access any of the Control Panel utilities, or email
(Outlook Express) although IE seems to function ok, but around 50% slower.

I have tried system restore but this cannot restore to a save point before
the Spyware was installed. I have tried uninstalling, which does nothing
after selecting the uninstal option. As stated, I can't use Control Panel to
diagnose / remove problem.

I have tried to clean up the Temporary files etc as much as I can, as I'm
also unable to complete downloads and so have been unable to use Ccleaner.

Any thoughts? I'd rather not reload / start again.

Cheers,
J.

Quick addition:

Running SP2 with all updates. Sorry if this appears to be in the wrong forum.

Cheers,
J.

"WelshJules" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently installed this Beta software on my XP Pro machine, since when I
> have been unable to access any of the Control Panel utilities, or email
> (Outlook Express) although IE seems to function ok, but around 50% slower.
>
> I have tried system restore but this cannot restore to a save point before
> the Spyware was installed. I have tried uninstalling, which does nothing
> after selecting the uninstal option. As stated, I can't use Control Panel to
> diagnose / remove problem.
>
> I have tried to clean up the Temporary files etc as much as I can, as I'm
> also unable to complete downloads and so have been unable to use Ccleaner.
>
> Any thoughts? I'd rather not reload / start again.
>
> Cheers,
> J.

see
for the link to the correct support newsgroups for the Anti Spyware Beta.

--

Regards,

Mike
--