Bridge

Hex

bridge, i believe is used to bridge wired and wireless network.

windows also see my firewire cards as network cards and
enable bridge settings on them. but since i know that i
don't need it, i simply turn it off.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

And? If you don't want/need to bridge them, then turn it off.It wont do any
harm as it is if you leave it on though.

Make sure you make a questionative statement at least next time you post,
factual nonsense isn't always appropriate.

"Hex" <hex@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> bridge, i believe is used to bridge wired and wireless network.
>
> windows also see my firewire cards as network cards and
> enable bridge settings on them. but since i know that i
> don't need it, i simply turn it off.

Hex

woah, sounds like a guru from outer space

No, most wireless cards can't be bridged.
To share a connection over wireless cards, use NAT.
The reason is that 802.11cards only pretend being ethernet. Actually they aren't.
(Firewire also is not ethernet, but it can do ethernet-like bridging.)

Regards,
--PA