ATI 9600XT Lockups Playing 3D Games-HELP!!!

I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
a WD 80gig HD
2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory

I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
XP Desktop.
When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
appreciated.
TIA Geno
3 answers Last reply
More about 9600xt lockups playing games help

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:21:17 GMT, Geno <Anonymous@me.net> wrote:

    >I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
    >a WD 80gig HD
    >2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory
    >
    >I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
    >various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
    >matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
    >without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
    >and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
    >XP Desktop.
    >When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
    >problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
    >in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
    >appreciated.
    >TIA Geno

    Could be a PSU problem. The 9600 is more power hungry then the 7500.

    Do you have fastwrites turned off?

    "Geno" <Anonymous@me.net> wrote in message
    >I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
    > a WD 80gig HD
    > 2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory
    >
    > I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
    > various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
    > matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
    > without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
    > and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
    > XP Desktop.
    > When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
    > problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
    > in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
    > appreciated.
    > TIA Geno

    Stronger graphics card means more power and nd more power means more
    heat.

    It's possbile that your graphic card is overheating.

Radeon Games ATI Graphics