ATI 9600XT Lockups Playing 3D Games-HELP!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 23, 2005 12:21:17 PM

I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
a WD 80gig HD
2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory

I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
XP Desktop.
When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
appreciated.
TIA Geno
January 23, 2005 6:16:40 PM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:21:17 GMT, Geno <Anonymous@me.net> wrote:

>I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
>a WD 80gig HD
>2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory
>
>I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
>various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
>matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
>without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
>and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
>XP Desktop.
>When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
>problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
>in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
>appreciated.
>TIA Geno

Could be a PSU problem. The 9600 is more power hungry then the 7500.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 12:40:20 AM

Do you have fastwrites turned off?

"Geno" <Anonymous@me.net> wrote in message
>I have an ASUS P4S8X-X MB
> a WD 80gig HD
> 2 512 Sticks of Carsair XT DDR333 Memory
>
> I removed the ATI Drivers and installed the Omega 5.1 Drivers. Tried
> various settings with Radlinker, as well as various Bios settings. No
> matter what I tried I can't seem to play my NHL 2004 or NBA 2004
> without game play lockups. My screen freezes as if I captured a scene
> and from that point I have to hit my reset switch to return to Windows
> XP Desktop.
> When I reinstall my Radeon 7500 (64mb) and run my games not a one
> problem. I can play for 2 hours and no lockups. What am I doing wrong
> in regards to the 9600XT and my Games. Suggestions, help would be
> appreciated.
> TIA Geno
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:34:00 AM

Stronger graphics card means more power and nd more power means more
heat.

It's possbile that your graphic card is overheating.
!