user Policies!!!

Hi All, I am working at a library...I want the users to just be able to surf
the internet and save files to Floppy and MyDocuments....nothing more than
that...as a matter of fact shud have limited items on their desktop too!!!!
How do I accomplish this?

All of the clients are running WinXP SP2, I want policies on the local
machine

TIA

How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Vai2000" wrote:

| Hi All, I am working at a library...I want the users to just be able to surf
| the internet and save files to Floppy and MyDocuments....nothing more than
| that...as a matter of fact shud have limited items on their desktop too!!!!
| How do I accomplish this?
|
| All of the clients are running WinXP SP2, I want policies on the local
| machine
|
| TIA

I appreciate your help