user Policies!!!

Hi All, I am working at a library...I want the users to just be able to surf
the internet and save files to Floppy and MyDocuments....nothing more than
that...as a matter of fact shud have limited items on their desktop too!!!!
How do I accomplish this?

All of the clients are running WinXP SP2, I want policies on the local
machine

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about user policies

    How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800

    How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

    HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

    Doug's Windows XP Security Console

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Vai2000" wrote:

    | Hi All, I am working at a library...I want the users to just be able to surf
    | the internet and save files to Floppy and MyDocuments....nothing more than
    | that...as a matter of fact shud have limited items on their desktop too!!!!
    | How do I accomplish this?
    |
    | All of the clients are running WinXP SP2, I want policies on the local
    | machine
    |
    | TIA

    I appreciate your help

    > How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800
    >
    > How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and
    folders in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419
    >
    > HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in
    Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

    > Doug's Windows XP Security Console
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
    >
    > Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    -----------------

    > "Vai2000" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi All, I am working at a library...I want the users to just be able to
    surf
    > | the internet and save files to Floppy and MyDocuments....nothing more
    than
    > | that...as a matter of fact shud have limited items on their desktop
    too!!!!
    > | How do I accomplish this?
    > |
    > | All of the clients are running WinXP SP2, I want policies on the local
    > | machine
    > |
    > | TIA

Microsoft Windows XP