files on my favorites

June 3, 2005 12:16:02 AM

I have two files that I can not remove from my Internet Explorer Favorites.
They adult sites that were probably visited by my teenage son. I have delted
them and emptied trash bin however everytime I pull IE they reappear. What
can I do?
--
KLS

More about : files favorites

June 3, 2005 4:17:47 AM

Those 1kb links by themselves are not dangerous... but you probably have a
trojan in your system which restores the links... to find and delete it, you
need to install these antispyware programs. First install Adaware and
Spybot and run them, then install the rest. After you install them, update
them with the latest definitions, then you can scan your system and get rid
of the pest!...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa...

Adaware SE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, CWShredder, HijackThis,
CoolWebSearch Smart Killer. http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Regards.

!