Set up User to be able to change Networking Properties

How can I set up a user on a computer so that he/she can change the
Networking Properties, but not install programs or change other system
settings? These computers connect at different times to two different VPNs
(one a Cisco and one a Check Point) and the "CheckPoint SecureRemote" and
Cisco's "Deterministic Network Enhancer" services don't play well together --
i.e., when I want to connect to the Cisco VPN I have to uncheck the
CheckPoint service and check the Deterministic service in Networking
Properties, and vice versa.

Right now I have do that as a user who's part of the Local Administrator
group, but that's giving those users more power than I want them to have --
e.g., I don't want them to be able to add/remove programs. The Network
Configuration Operators group doesn't allow changes to the Services, only the
TCP/IP properties...

Thanks... ab

Check your Group Policy.

=)

--
Edward Chow
LX Technologies

BetaID: 527771

"XPtyro" wrote:

> How can I set up a user on a computer so that he/she can change the
> Networking Properties, but not install programs or change other system
> settings? These computers connect at different times to two different VPNs
> (one a Cisco and one a Check Point) and the "CheckPoint SecureRemote" and
> Cisco's "Deterministic Network Enhancer" services don't play well together --
> i.e., when I want to connect to the Cisco VPN I have to uncheck the
> CheckPoint service and check the Deterministic service in Networking
> Properties, and vice versa.
>
> Right now I have do that as a user who's part of the Local Administrator
> group, but that's giving those users more power than I want them to have --
> e.g., I don't want them to be able to add/remove programs. The Network
> Configuration Operators group doesn't allow changes to the Services, only the
> TCP/IP properties...
>
> Thanks... ab

Sorry, I should've been clearer... These machines are currently on an NT v4.0
domain. Is there an interim solution until I upgrade to 2003 and Active
Directory? ...ab