Set up User to be able to change Networking Properties

How can I set up a user on a computer so that he/she can change the
Networking Properties, but not install programs or change other system
settings? These computers connect at different times to two different VPNs
(one a Cisco and one a Check Point) and the "CheckPoint SecureRemote" and
Cisco's "Deterministic Network Enhancer" services don't play well together --
i.e., when I want to connect to the Cisco VPN I have to uncheck the
CheckPoint service and check the Deterministic service in Networking
Properties, and vice versa.

Right now I have do that as a user who's part of the Local Administrator
group, but that's giving those users more power than I want them to have --
e.g., I don't want them to be able to add/remove programs. The Network
Configuration Operators group doesn't allow changes to the Services, only the
TCP/IP properties...

Thanks... ab
2 answers Last reply
More about user change networking properties

    Check your Group Policy.

    =)

    --
    Edward Chow
    LX Technologies

    BetaID: 527771

    "XPtyro" wrote:

    > How can I set up a user on a computer so that he/she can change the
    > Networking Properties, but not install programs or change other system
    > settings? These computers connect at different times to two different VPNs
    > (one a Cisco and one a Check Point) and the "CheckPoint SecureRemote" and
    > Cisco's "Deterministic Network Enhancer" services don't play well together --
    > i.e., when I want to connect to the Cisco VPN I have to uncheck the
    > CheckPoint service and check the Deterministic service in Networking
    > Properties, and vice versa.
    >
    > Right now I have do that as a user who's part of the Local Administrator
    > group, but that's giving those users more power than I want them to have --
    > e.g., I don't want them to be able to add/remove programs. The Network
    > Configuration Operators group doesn't allow changes to the Services, only the
    > TCP/IP properties...
    >
    > Thanks... ab

    Sorry, I should've been clearer... These machines are currently on an NT v4.0
    domain. Is there an interim solution until I upgrade to 2003 and Active
    Directory? ...ab

    "Edward Chow" wrote:

    > Check your Group Policy.
    >
    > =)
    >
    > --
    > Edward Chow
    > LX Technologies
    >
    > BetaID: 527771
    >

    > "XPtyro" wrote:
    >
    > > How can I set up a user on a computer so that he/she can change the
    > > Networking Properties, but not install programs or change other system
    > > settings? These computers connect at different times to two different VPNs
    > > (one a Cisco and one a Check Point) and the "CheckPoint SecureRemote" and
    > > Cisco's "Deterministic Network Enhancer" services don't play well together --
    > > i.e., when I want to connect to the Cisco VPN I have to uncheck the
    > > CheckPoint service and check the Deterministic service in Networking
    > > Properties, and vice versa.
    > >
    > > Right now I have do that as a user who's part of the Local Administrator
    > > group, but that's giving those users more power than I want them to have --
    > > e.g., I don't want them to be able to add/remove programs. The Network
    > > Configuration Operators group doesn't allow changes to the Services, only the
    > > TCP/IP properties...
    > >
    > > Thanks... ab

Networking Cisco Windows XP