Changing refresh rates

I keep trying newer versions of ATI's drivers, but I keep going back to the
older 4.9 with my ATI 8500. Every new driver since 4.9 has the tendency to
often change my refresh rate to 60, even though it's specified as 85. The
change occurs after a reboot. The fix is easy: apply a different rate from
85, say 75, apply it and then revert back to the original rate of 85. I
haven't yet figured out what is causing this. but 4.9 doesn't do it. It
stays at 85 through reboots. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

--

*********************************
Jim & Pat Leder

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

This was happening to me, until I got rid of the Catalyst Control Center.
Refresh override setting is properly retained with all CAT drivers that I
have used, when using the standard control panel instead of the CCC.

-phil

"Jim Leder" <k8cxm@spam.fuse.net> wrote in message
> I keep trying newer versions of ATI's drivers, but I keep going back to
> the older 4.9 with my ATI 8500. Every new driver since 4.9 has the
> tendency to often change my refresh rate to 60, even though it's specified
> as 85. The change occurs after a reboot. The fix is easy: apply a
> different rate from 85, say 75, apply it and then revert back to the
> original rate of 85. I haven't yet figured out what is causing this. but
> 4.9 doesn't do it. It stays at 85 through reboots. Anyone have any
> suggestions?
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> *********************************
> Jim & Pat Leder
> http://home.fuse.net/k8cxm
> *********************************

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

This was happening to me, until I got rid of the Catalyst Control Center.
Refresh override setting is properly retained with all CAT drivers that I
have used, when using the standard control panel instead of the CCC.

-phil

"Jim Leder" <k8cxm@spam.fuse.net> wrote in message
> I keep trying newer versions of ATI's drivers, but I keep going back to
> the older 4.9 with my ATI 8500. Every new driver since 4.9 has the
> tendency to often change my refresh rate to 60, even though it's specified
> as 85. The change occurs after a reboot. The fix is easy: apply a
> different rate from 85, say 75, apply it and then revert back to the
> original rate of 85. I haven't yet figured out what is causing this. but
> 4.9 doesn't do it. It stays at 85 through reboots. Anyone have any
> suggestions?
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> *********************************
> Jim & Pat Leder
> http://home.fuse.net/k8cxm
> *********************************

I saw your posts, but I'm not using the CCC. Must be something else.

"Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This was happening to me, until I got rid of the Catalyst Control Center.
> Refresh override setting is properly retained with all CAT drivers that I
> have used, when using the standard control panel instead of the CCC.
>
> -phil
>
> "Jim Leder" <k8cxm@spam.fuse.net> wrote in message
>> I keep trying newer versions of ATI's drivers, but I keep going back to
>> the older 4.9 with my ATI 8500. Every new driver since 4.9 has the
>> tendency to often change my refresh rate to 60, even though it's
>> specified as 85. The change occurs after a reboot. The fix is easy: apply
>> a different rate from 85, say 75, apply it and then revert back to the
>> original rate of 85. I haven't yet figured out what is causing this. but
>> 4.9 doesn't do it. It stays at 85 through reboots. Anyone have any
>> suggestions?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --

>> Jim & Pat Leder