list of essential xp start up menu items

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am looking for a comprehensive list stating only what is necessary for
xp start up menu. I'd like to move some downloaded/installed programs
to an as needed basis and to remove them from every start up. Thank
you.

--
benny

Malke

benny wrote:

> I am looking for a comprehensive list stating only what is necessary
> for
> xp start up menu. I'd like to move some downloaded/installed programs
> to an as needed basis and to remove them from every start up. Thank
> you.

http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/
http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/search.php

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

None of them are essential. It's all up to what you want to be there. You
can safely remove pretty much everything from the startup folders. Your
computer will almost certainly still load, but some things may no longer
work as you expect. No worries, you can always re-enable things that you
remove, as long as you don't delete them completely. Click on Start, Run,
type MSCONFIG and click OK for a good way to remove items from the
various startup locations scattered across your computer. Search Google if
you have a question about what something in your startup folder is or does.