ATI X700 Screen Intermittently Goes Blank

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 27, 2005 2:08:18 AM

I have an ATI X700 Video Card, Intel D925XCV Motherboard, 1GB Kingston
PC4300 HyperX Memory, Pentium IV 550 uP and Antec NeoPower 480W Power
Supply. When an Analog display is connected everything is fine. When I
connect my Viewsonic VX2000 to the DVI connector intermittently my display
will blank out and say there is no video signal. No errors are recorded in
the Event Viewer. I have to turn the computer off and back on to get the
display to function again. I'm running Windows XP Pro and Catalyst Ver. 5.1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 12:26:19 PM

Technogod wrote:
> I have an ATI X700 Video Card, Intel D925XCV Motherboard, 1GB Kingston
> PC4300 HyperX Memory, Pentium IV 550 uP and Antec NeoPower 480W Power
> Supply. When an Analog display is connected everything is fine. When I
> connect my Viewsonic VX2000 to the DVI connector intermittently my display
> will blank out and say there is no video signal. No errors are recorded in
> the Event Viewer. I have to turn the computer off and back on to get the
> display to function again. I'm running Windows XP Pro and Catalyst Ver. 5.1.

No idea about solving the problem but with my 9800SE and VX500 I used
the DVI for about 2 weeks then it got suddendly black and now it works
only in analogic mode.
I know it's a problem of the video card because with a GeForce4 5200 the
DVI works fine.

--
*Riccardo Cretti* - ICQ 15927849
Get Firefox!

I am running into the same issue. Does anyone manage to know the
cause of the problem or fix here? Is RMA the only way to go for this
problem?
Related resources
February 23, 2005 7:49:17 PM

I had a similar problem after installing a AIW9800Pro. At random times
the monitor would go black, green light blinking as if in Standby. I
would have to power down and back up. Happened several times a day at
random times for several weeks before I came across the solution on
the web.

R-click on screen, properties, screen saver, power, select minimal
power option.

This worked for me, don't know why. I've been running for over a week
without incident. Prior to stumbling on above info I had swapped power
supply, memory, video card, from a working computer without results.
Was about to re-install XP.

Good luck,
RAH

!