Error trying to update to SP2

I have some trouble updateing to SP2, I got the same errormessage trying from
Windows Update or from the media i get as a Technet Subscriber.

The message is:
Instruktions in "0x77f58dc5" refering to adress "0x10005504". Memory could
not be "read". Enter OK to end the program.

Someone tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

Paul

Splendid

Have you tried replacing your ram to see if that is the problem...........

"Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have some trouble updateing to SP2, I got the same errormessage trying
>from
> Windows Update or from the media i get as a Technet Subscriber.
>
> The message is:
> Instruktions in "0x77f58dc5" refering to adress "0x10005504". Memory could
> not be "read". Enter OK to end the program.
>
> Someone tell me what is wrong?
>
> Thanks

Hi.

Maybe you can find some useful info. in this link...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm

Regards,

Gunilla

"Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I have some trouble updateing to SP2, I got the same errormessage trying
>from
> Windows Update or from the media i get as a Technet Subscriber.
>
> The message is:
> Instruktions in "0x77f58dc5" refering to adress "0x10005504". Memory could
> not be "read". Enter OK to end the program.
>
> Someone tell me what is wrong?
>
> Thanks

Dell sent me a new hard drive, after I downloaded SP2 and spent 3 months on
the phone with their "Service department", and refunded $90.00 of my purchase
price. The download was 3 months after I purchased my computer. There is/was
a major problem with SP2.

"Gunilla" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Maybe you can find some useful info. in this link...
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
> http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm
>
> Regards,
>
> Gunilla
>
> "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> >I have some trouble updateing to SP2, I got the same errormessage trying
> >from
> > Windows Update or from the media i get as a Technet Subscriber.
> >
> > The message is:
> > Instruktions in "0x77f58dc5" refering to adress "0x10005504". Memory could
> > not be "read". Enter OK to end the program.
> >
> > Someone tell me what is wrong?
> >
> > Thanks

One thing that can get an SP2 installation to not be good is if you have
parasites, a compatibility problem with some drivers or program, corrupted
files either due to parasites or by being reckless to the OS i.e. never
maintaining, delete programs instead of uninstall and etc. etc.

I have installed SP2 on some 10 machines and never have had any problem and
they have been all from newly formatted/clean install with XP Pro SP1 to
used at least up to one year before the SP2 installation and have also been
on different PC's with different HD's and motherboards.

Just my point of view. :))

Gunilla.

"SP2?" <SP2?@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Dell sent me a new hard drive, after I downloaded SP2 and spent 3 months
> on
> the phone with their "Service department", and refunded $90.00 of my
> purchase
> price. The download was 3 months after I purchased my computer. There
> is/was
> a major problem with SP2.
>
> "Gunilla" wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Maybe you can find some useful info. in this link...
>>
>> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
>> http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gunilla
>>
>> "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> >I have some trouble updateing to SP2, I got the same errormessage trying
>> >from
>> > Windows Update or from the media i get as a Technet Subscriber.
>> >
>> > The message is:
>> > Instruktions in "0x77f58dc5" refering to adress "0x10005504". Memory
>> > could
>> > not be "read". Enter OK to end the program.
>> >
>> > Someone tell me what is wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks

TRENDING THREADS