favourites and porn sites

June 5, 2005 5:55:02 PM

When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have added
microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but nothing stops
it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site favourties
installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next time I open
explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?

I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it pops
up then closes - why?

Cuddly 54
--
Thanks for your help

Cuddly54

More about : favourites porn sites

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:10:21 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Cuddly54" wrote:

| When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have added
| microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but nothing stops
| it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site favourties
| installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next time I open
| explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?
|
| I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it pops
| up then closes - why?
|
| Cuddly 54
| --
| Thanks for your help
|
| Cuddly54
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:08:38 AM

Cuddly54 wrote:
> When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have added
> microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but nothing stops
> it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site favourties
> installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next time I open
> explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?
>
> I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it pops
> up then closes - why?
>
> Cuddly 54

When visiting porn sites, always be careful not to download/install
their "free" viewers. You'll get more than expected, every time. To
repair the current situation, uninstall the "viewer(s)" provided and
then use Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search and Destroy
from www.safer-networking.org/ to clean up any residue. Both have
free versions for personal use.

You should also try using MSConfig to see if something is being
started each time you reboot.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560

Additionally, Look in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up and C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up folders, and in the
system registry, primarily in the
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys.

Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
varieties of scumware are available here:

PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

More information and assistance is available at these sites:

Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

The Parasite Fight
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

As for the porn favorites that you don't want, simply delete them.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:31:56 AM

Hi

To uninstall a 'dialer' is not easy.

First you have to find it by trying to see the name of the application but
sometimes they hide themselves or reinstall themselves even when you think
you have eliminated them.

Check running processes for anything unusual, port activity, unexpected
software in startup.

Whatever you do, don't leave it as you may well see it's presence on your
next telephone bill (it dials another number which costs a fortune and
connects to the internet through that number).

If you are completely lost, get help

If you manage to find it, go onto the Net and do a search to see how to deal
with it. 'Adaware etc

Good luck

OrldbjpaFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!