favourites and porn sites

When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have added
microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but nothing stops
it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site favourties
installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next time I open
explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?

I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it pops
up then closes - why?

Cuddly 54
--
Thanks for your help

Cuddly54
3 answers Last reply
More about favourites porn sites

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Cuddly54 wrote:
    > When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have added
    > microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but nothing stops
    > it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site favourties
    > installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next time I open
    > explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?
    >
    > I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it pops
    > up then closes - why?
    >
    > Cuddly 54

    When visiting porn sites, always be careful not to download/install
    their "free" viewers. You'll get more than expected, every time. To
    repair the current situation, uninstall the "viewer(s)" provided and
    then use Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search and Destroy
    from www.safer-networking.org/ to clean up any residue. Both have
    free versions for personal use.

    You should also try using MSConfig to see if something is being
    started each time you reboot.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560

    Additionally, Look in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
    Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up and C:\Documents and
    Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up folders, and in the
    system registry, primarily in the
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys.

    Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    varieties of scumware are available here:

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    More information and assistance is available at these sites:

    Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    The Parasite Fight
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    As for the porn favorites that you don't want, simply delete them.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hi

    To uninstall a 'dialer' is not easy.

    First you have to find it by trying to see the name of the application but
    sometimes they hide themselves or reinstall themselves even when you think
    you have eliminated them.

    Check running processes for anything unusual, port activity, unexpected
    software in startup.

    Whatever you do, don't leave it as you may well see it's presence on your
    next telephone bill (it dials another number which costs a fortune and
    connects to the internet through that number).

    If you are completely lost, get help

    If you manage to find it, go onto the Net and do a search to see how to deal
    with it. 'Adaware etc

    Good luck

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> a écrit dans le message de news:
    OrldbjpaFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Cuddly54 wrote:
    >> When I open my Internet explorer it automatically loads porn. I have
    >> added microsoft anti-spyware and have other spyware on my system but
    >> nothing stops it. Also when I check my "favourites" there are porn site
    >> favourties installed (which I did not do). I delete these but the next
    >> time I open explorer they have re-appeared. How do I get rid of these?
    >>
    >> I was advised to run my Registry Editor but when I try to run this it
    >> pops up then closes - why?
    >>
    >> Cuddly 54
    >

    > When visiting porn sites, always be careful not to download/install
    > their "free" viewers. You'll get more than expected, every time. To
    > repair the current situation, uninstall the "viewer(s)" provided and
    > then use Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search and Destroy
    > from www.safer-networking.org/ to clean up any residue. Both have
    > free versions for personal use.
    >
    > You should also try using MSConfig to see if something is being
    > started each time you reboot.
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560
    >
    > Additionally, Look in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
    > Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up and C:\Documents and
    > Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up folders, and in the
    > system registry, primarily in the
    > HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and
    > HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys.
    >
    > Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    > varieties of scumware are available here:
    >
    > PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    > http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml
    >
    > More information and assistance is available at these sites:
    >
    > Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >
    > The Parasite Fight
    > http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >
    > As for the porn favorites that you don't want, simply delete them.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm