Radeon 9200 -- drivers, etc.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
January 27, 2005 12:55:32 PM

I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
install a subset of these four components:

Display Driver
Control Panel
CATALYST Control Center
WMD Capture Driver

Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?

Chris

More about : radeon 9200 drivers

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 27, 2005 3:48:20 PM

Bob,
Thanks. I already have a 350W power supply. I could probably use more
fans for cooling, but I have the case open all the time so temperature
shouldn't really be a problem.

Anyway the first thing on my to-do list is to my sound card from the
first to the second PCI slot. Just discovered that it's a good idea to
not use the first PCI slot.

Chris
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 27, 2005 10:22:13 PM

chmartin@mail.davidson.alumlink.com wrote:
> I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
> things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
> install a subset of these four components:
>
> Display Driver
> Control Panel
> CATALYST Control Center
> WMD Capture Driver
>
> Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
> the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?
>
> Chris

i had the reboot/crash problem after putting in an ati 9200 128 mb card
into a gateway 310s. i had to replace the power supply. went from a FSU
2500 watt to an antec 350 watt back in july 2004 and have not had
problems since upgrading the power supply.

i install only the display drivers and am running the 5.1 drivers
currently with no issues. i also run most of the newest games without
issue on a celeron 2.8 ghz processor.

you may want to check out your psu to start. no offense meant, rtfm from
ati. they reccommend a min. of 350 watt power supply to start with.

hope this helps.

bob b.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 27, 2005 10:23:56 PM

bob brozewicz wrote:
> chmartin@mail.davidson.alumlink.com wrote:
>
>> I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
>> things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
>> install a subset of these four components:
>>
>> Display Driver
>> Control Panel
>> CATALYST Control Center
>> WMD Capture Driver
>>
>> Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
>> the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?
>>
>> Chris
>>
> i had the reboot/crash problem after putting in an ati 9200 128 mb card
> into a gateway 310s. i had to replace the power supply. went from a FSU
> 2500 watt

meant 250 watt not 2500 watt, sorry

!