Radeon 9200 -- drivers, etc.

I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
install a subset of these four components:

Display Driver
Control Panel
CATALYST Control Center
WMD Capture Driver

Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?

Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9200 drivers

    Bob,
    Thanks. I already have a 350W power supply. I could probably use more
    fans for cooling, but I have the case open all the time so temperature
    shouldn't really be a problem.

    Anyway the first thing on my to-do list is to my sound card from the
    first to the second PCI slot. Just discovered that it's a good idea to
    not use the first PCI slot.

    Chris

    chmartin@mail.davidson.alumlink.com wrote:
    > I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
    > things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
    > install a subset of these four components:
    >
    > Display Driver
    > Control Panel
    > CATALYST Control Center
    > WMD Capture Driver
    >
    > Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
    > the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?
    >
    > Chris

    i had the reboot/crash problem after putting in an ati 9200 128 mb card
    into a gateway 310s. i had to replace the power supply. went from a FSU
    2500 watt to an antec 350 watt back in july 2004 and have not had
    problems since upgrading the power supply.

    i install only the display drivers and am running the 5.1 drivers
    currently with no issues. i also run most of the newest games without
    issue on a celeron 2.8 ghz processor.

    you may want to check out your psu to start. no offense meant, rtfm from
    ati. they reccommend a min. of 350 watt power supply to start with.

    hope this helps.

    bob b.

    bob brozewicz wrote:
    > chmartin@mail.davidson.alumlink.com wrote:
    >
    >> I've having system crash and reboot problems and I'm trying various
    >> things to solve them. Eventually I'd like to see if I could just
    >> install a subset of these four components:
    >>
    >> Display Driver
    >> Control Panel
    >> CATALYST Control Center
    >> WMD Capture Driver
    >>
    >> Have any of you with reboot problems had any luck with installing just
    >> the Display Driver and WDM Capture Driver?
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>
    > i had the reboot/crash problem after putting in an ati 9200 128 mb card
    > into a gateway 310s. i had to replace the power supply. went from a FSU
    > 2500 watt

    meant 250 watt not 2500 watt, sorry

    to an antec 350 watt back in july 2004 and have not had
    > problems since upgrading the power supply.
    >
    > i install only the display drivers and am running the 5.1 drivers
    > currently with no issues. i also run most of the newest games without
    > issue on a celeron 2.8 ghz processor.
    >
    > you may want to check out your psu to start. no offense meant, rtfm from
    > ati. they reccommend a min. of 350 watt power supply to start with.
    >
    > hope this helps.
    >
    > bob b.

Radeon Drivers Graphics Displays