Disbale Double Click

Hi,
I need to disable mouse double click in windows XP.
I am using a custom shell and double click is not required.

Open Folder Options...

Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
General tab | Under click item as follows Select: Single-click to open an
item (point to select) | Then select either Underline icon titles consistent
with my browser or Underline icon titles only when I point at them | Click
Apply | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:31FC7017-0669-4AA1-85CD-224B06B72FAA@microsoft.com,
Robert Turner <Robert Turner@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Open Folder Options...
>
> Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
> General tab | Under click item as follows Select: Single-click to open an
> item (point to select) | Then select either Underline icon titles consistent
> with my browser or Underline icon titles only when I point at them | Click
> Apply | Click OK
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:31FC7017-0669-4AA1-85CD-224B06B72FAA@microsoft.com,
> Robert Turner <Robert Turner@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi,
> > I need to disable mouse double click in windows XP.
> > I am using a custom shell and double click is not required.

Thanks for reply,
This is not quite what I have in mind.
I want no “action� on double click and single click activate on the menu
buttons.
The only option I have so far is reduce the double click time to impossibly
fast.
Rob

You're gonna have to decipher this word for me...

“action�

Oh...

I want no action on double click and single click activate on the menu
buttons.

You are still being too cryptic.

Disable Left Mouse Button : Prevents users from left clicking on your site
and displays an alert box
http://www.bigwebmaster.com/1201.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:11586F4F-2709-488E-96C0-22CCACF715FB@microsoft.com,

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> You're gonna have to decipher this word for me...
>
> “action�
>
> Oh...
>
> I want no action on double click and single click activate on the menu
> buttons.
>
> You are still being too cryptic.
>
> Disable Left Mouse Button : Prevents users from left clicking on your site
> and displays an alert box
> http://www.bigwebmaster.com/1201.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:11586F4F-2709-488E-96C0-22CCACF715FB@microsoft.com,
> Robert Turner <RobertTurner@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Open Folder Options...
> >>
> >> Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
> >> General tab | Under click item as follows Select: Single-click to open an
> >> item (point to select) | Then select either Underline icon titles
> >> consistent with my browser or Underline icon titles only when I point at
> >> them | Click Apply | Click OK
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:31FC7017-0669-4AA1-85CD-224B06B72FAA@microsoft.com,
> >> Robert Turner <Robert Turner@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
> >> pecked:
> >>
> > Thanks for reply,
> > This is not quite what I have in mind.
> > I want no “action� on double click and single click activate on the
> > menu buttons.
> > The only option I have so far is reduce the double click time to
> > impossibly fast.
> > Rob

Hi,
The software that is running as the shell has a list of files displayed .
Along the bottom of the window are buttons, these buttons are view, edit,
send, return, etc.
The required file is selected by single click and this highlights the file.
Then clicking the relevent button performs the selected action.
As set in the software, not changeable, double click on the file in the file
list opens the file in EDIT mode. A concequence of this is that the file is
overwriten and a copy created.
I want to disable left mouse button double click as any feature i wish to
access can be done so from the buttons on the menu at the bottom.
Hope this is a little more clear.
Thanks
Rob